Replies: 1   Last Post: May 11, 2012 6:04 AM

Susan Cantey

From: Cincinnati Ohio
Registered: 7/20/09
Re: [ap-calculus] To Grade or Not to Grade Homework?

I am afraid NOT to check HW daily because of the imaturity factor. I'm
afraid they would fail the first test and then be too far behind to catch
up.
When I taught college freshmen, I did not check HW and sure enough, most of
those who (by observation) were not doing the HW, failed and dropped out.
Letting my HS'ers fail is not an option I want to experiment with. I would
rather not check HW, but fear keeps me at it. :-(

SC