Replies: 1   Last Post: May 21, 2012 7:16 AM

Sally Miller

Re: [ap-stat] Modifying order of topics in BVD

Lauri,
I do this with YMS (2nd ed). We do the sampling/experiment chapter first (Ch 5).
I wait until after chi-square tests to do linear regression (Ch 3), then lin reg test (Ch 14), then Sect. 4.1
(linear transformations). It has worked fine for me.

A first-year teacher might have trouble with this, but obviously you are not.

Sally

From: "Lauri Lewis" <llewis@peddie.org>
To: "AP Statistics" <ap-stat@lyris.collegeboard.com>
Sent: Sunday, May 20, 2012 6:28:32 PM
Subject: [ap-stat] Modifying order of topics in BVD

I teach out of BVD and we are considering a change to the order of topics presented. We are considering teaching experimental design first or teaching all of the linear regression topics at the end of the year when we cover inference for regression. Has anyone structured the course in these ways and how has it worked for you?
Thanks for any suggestions!
Lauri Lewis
Peddie School
Frequently asked questions(FAQ) http://web.me.com/mrmathman/MrMathMan/FAQ.html