Topic: Mathelogy S 011
Replies: 51   Last Post: May 22, 2012 6:04 PM

Graham Cooper

Re: Mathelogy S 011

On May 22, 12:17 pm, Transfer Principle <david.l.wal...@lausd.net>
wrote:
> On May 21, 7:09 am, Gus Gassmann <horand.gassm...@googlemail.com>
> wrote:
>

> > On May 20, 8:38 pm, Virgil <vir...@ligriv.com> wrote:
> > > Actually it is NOT impossible to write numbers with more
> > > than 10 different digits on MY pocket calculator, since my calculator,
> > > an HP50g, can write numbers of up to sixteen hexadecimal digits and do
> > > non-negative hexadecimal integer calculations up to that limit.

> > Only goes to show you that WM has never seen a scientific calculator.
> > Probably his does not even do roots. Hell, even the calculator in
> > Windows 7 lets you input 32 decimals.

> But all that matters to this discussion is that there does exist a
> natural number so large that no calculator can store it. One will
> be hardpressed to find a calculator that can store Graham's number,
> or even certain naturals much smaller than G. The exact size of
> the upper bound doesn't matter -- all that matters is that an upper
> bound exists.

I might add adding GRAHAMS NUMBER + GRAHAMS NUMBER has a very
insignificant impact on its size, or atleast the scale of its size.
As with GN*GN, GN^GN, GN^^GN, whatever ^^ may stand for at this moment
in history!

Graham
the other one

Date Subject Author