Topic: Solving equation
Replies: 9   Last Post: May 24, 2012 3:44 PM

Nasser Abbasi

Re: Solving equation

On 5/24/2012 3:45 AM, Frank wrote:
> Thanks for your reply.
> However, we want x = [x_1, x_2, ... x_M]^T with |x_1|=|x_2| = ...=|x_M| = 1.
> Your solution cannot satisfy the constraints.

There is only one solution if A is not singular?

Whatever it comes out, I have no control over that.

As an example, you are like asking to find a solution to

4 * x = 2 ----- (1)

With the constraint that the solution is |x| = 1

But the solution is 0.5. There is only one solution.

I do not know how to give you a solution to (1) which comes out
to be satisfy your constraint that is should be something else.

So, I do not understand the question:

"Solve this equation which, has a unique solution, such that the solution
has this property and nothing else"

If your equation does not have a unique solution, then may be
may be there is a way to find all the solutions (which can be
infinite of them), and then pick the one which satisfy your
requirements. I was assuming your are solving Ax=b such that
A is not singular.

> "Nasser M. Abbasi"<nma@12000.org> wrote in message<jpkq3m$9oc$1@speranza.aioe.org>...

>> On 5/24/2012 2:39 AM, Frank wrote:
>>> Hello. I have a matrix equation problem.
>>> Ax = b, |x_i| = 1