Topic: Solving equation
Replies: 9   Last Post: May 24, 2012 3:44 PM

Frank

Re: Solving equation

"Frank " <allinone_2003@yahoo.com.hk> wrote in message <jpkoit$p1i$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> Hello. I have a matrix equation problem.
>
> Ax = b, |x_i| = 1
>
> where the dimensions of the complex matrices A, x, b are (M-2)-by-M, M-by-1 and (M-2)-by-1, respectively. The problem has a constraint that all elements of x should have magnitude 1.
>
> How can I solve this problem?
> Is the solution unique?
>
> Thanks a lot.

I suggest you see if ?fmincon? can do what you want. I don't have much experience with ?fmincon? so I won't attempt an example.

As to the solution being unique, that likely depends on the structure of A. You?ll have to experiment with it.