Topic: How Bad it Is
Replies: 69   Last Post: Jun 18, 2012 8:02 PM

Anna Roys

Re: How Bad it Is
att1.html (1.7 K)

Robert,

No, we cannot save every student, but that does not mean we should not try
our best.

In my last post, I was kind of ranting about one of my pet peeves -
schools administering assessments and then doing nothing with the data -
giving more assessments and then again, doing nothing with the data - a
useless cycle that is more about school, district, state and national
politics than increasing student achievement levels.

Anna

On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 1:06 AM, Robert Hansen <bob@rsccore.com> wrote:

> Anna, if you know a way to save every student then it should certainly
> show in your classes, right? Our district has a size limit (3rd grade) of
> 18 students. I can attest that the teacher in my son's class worked very
> hard and did everything you just stated. I almost wanted to add the website
> he uses to report test scores to parents to my spam filter because of the
> number of results coming to my email. There are literally ten's of pages of
> results for just one year of school. I think it was overdone, but still,
> closer to what you suggest than not. And he tallied those results and used
> those results to formulate lesson plans. Naturally, when I would meet him
> on parent conference days I was very curious (I told him pedagogy is like a
> weird hobby of mine) and he was very generous in sharing with me his
> techniques.
>
> Did he get results? Yes he did.

Date Subject Author
5/28/12