Topic: How Bad it Is
Replies: 69   Last Post: Jun 18, 2012 8:02 PM

Louis Talman

Re: How Bad it Is
att1.html (1.3 K)

On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 10:12 AM, Paul Tanner <upprho@gmail.com> wrote:

> The idea that affirmative action is color based discrimination or
> different sets of rules depending on skin color is a racist falsity.
> Affirmative action is merely the idea that a proportionate amount of
> minorities that meet the minimum standards should be allowed "in the
> room" with the whites who meet the minimum standards.

I see. And if you were to develop, say, heart trouble, and need to consult
a cardiologist, would you be happy knowing that the one person you saw was
one who met the minimum standards---but no more---for board certification?
What if you knew of other cardiologists who were willing to take your case
but whose qualifications far exceeded the minimum standards?

Why should not the same criteria apply to other disciplines?

--Louis A. Talman
Metropolitan State College of Denver

<http://rowdy.mscd.edu/%7Etalmanl>

Date Subject Author