Topic: How Bad it Is
Replies: 69   Last Post: Jun 18, 2012 8:02 PM

Paul A. Tanner III

Re: How Bad it Is

On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 4:45 PM, Robert Hansen <bob@rsccore.com> wrote:
...the lack of academic standards we see today

Pure BS.

> Over a period of time that process eventually resulted in them removing the academic barriers altogether.

NO academic barrier? Pure BS.

Because consider what the facts actually are -which contradict your claims:

Although it's not actually harder to get into at least some college
somewhere than before, it has become much more competitive than before
as to where you can get in:

"Why Has College Admissions Become So Competitive? : It Used to be
Simple...But Not Anymore"
http://www.education.com/reference/article/why-college-admissions-competitive/

And on top of that, there is no falling sky - the whole world is
clamoring more than ever to get into higher education in the US and
the graduates it turns out at the undergraduate and especially
graduate levels are still getting the job done when they get hired and
so on. This Chicken Little act is getting boring.

>> Without something that is statistics-based like affirmative action, it
>> is utterly impossible to meaningfully enforce anti-discrimination
>> laws, and therefore its absence will pretty much give the green light
>> to all those closet (or otherwise) bigots who control the entrance to
>> "the room", meaning they will deny entrance to more and more qualified
>> non-whites, and their good old days of not having to see non-whites
>> "in the room" will come closer and closer to again becoming a reality.

Date Subject Author
5/28/12
Read Re: How Bad it Is
Robert Hansen