Topic: On the diagonal argument again
Replies: 10   Last Post: Jun 7, 2012 7:09 PM

Graham Cooper

Re: On the diagonal argument again

On Jun 7, 11:50 pm, David Bernier <david...@videotron.ca> wrote:

> Do you, in your good faith opinion, think that
> illogical disagreements over which power source to use,
> Star A vs. Star B, is closer to politics, or to religion?

In a novel I read, the AIs develop a mythology, a story about
construction of a city and various themes therein. It's a handshaking
protocol for the AIs to swap stories, see where they are up to, what
AI's they might have crossed paths with etc..

Much like variations of Dijkstra's dining philosophers problem is used
to work out multitasking deadlock problems. 5 people are seated at a
table with 5 plates of spaghetti in front of them and 5 forks in
between each plate... can anyone go hungry?

> IMHO, it seems closer to politics ....
>
> Dave
> --
> [thanks for any response. I'm keen on finding a natural
>   boundary between politics and religion]/

That's my speciality! Though after 10 years of trying I gave up on
your religion and am focussing on my own.

Herc