Topic: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Replies: 171   Last Post: Jun 10, 2012 10:16 AM

Bappa

Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem

On Jun 10, 11:58 am, Arindam Banerjee <banerjeeadda1...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Jun 8, 11:09 am, use...@mantra.com and/orwww.mantra.com/jai(Dr.
>

> Jai Maharaj) wrote:

> > In article
> > <a10cd28c-ffe5-43fc-be04-0d3b7c7a4...@oo8g2000pbc.googlegroups.com>,
> > Arindam Banerjee <adda1...@bigpond.com> posted:

> > > Dr. Jai Maharaj posted:

> > > Chaps like this fine youngster have no difficulty about following my
> > > works in physics.  Over the last few years I have met quite a few of
> > > such bright young people, and I am sure that one day these are the
> > > guys and gals who will take humanity forward by abandoning old and
> > > wrong notions and following newer and better ideas.  All the best to
> > > them. As for the ruling scum of the earth, their dishonesty and
> > > shamelessness is obvious to all those who still retain basic human
> > > decency and have some intelligence.

> > > I once again thank Jai for his support.  I am sure he is not alone.
> > > The ruling einsteinian scum have their days numbered - it won't be too
> > > long before they are most humiliatingly dismissed as the most
> > > outrageous pseudo-scientific frauds.

> > > Cheers,
> > > Arindam Banerjee

> > You are welcome! And I am certain that you have a lot of support.
>
> > Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
> > Om Shanti

> Thanks very much, Jai.
> This incident about the 16 year old schoolboy solving a tough problem
> took me bach to the days of my youth. In particular, when we had to do
> a science project to
> win the NSTS scholarship.  Those selected for interview after passing
> the test, would have to discuss their project with the big guys.
> I chose to do my project on friction.  Whether one is more likely to
> slip with rubber soles, or leather soles, on roads.
> For that purpose I had to dig up a part of a road.  It wasn't easy,
> and I could not do it with the gardening tools at my disposal.  Elders
> got interested, though, and the
> local maintenance office helped.  A big guy with big crowbar dug up an
> authentic piece of road, upon which I did my eperiments in the lab.
> Where I learnt that
> experimental results were never as nice as the theory graphs indicated
> they should be.  Nevertheless, I persevered and got some results. When
> the time came, I
> went to the interview with my stuff.  The other guys had brought
> really impressive, expensive stuff and I had what, a piece of road,
> some pulley sytems, and old
> shoes with rubber or leather soles.  They made some impression upon
> the big guys when I laid them on the table.
> Cheers,
> Arindam Banerjee

Oops, forgot to mention, the result was that you are better of with
rubber soles on the whole.
This may be a non-issue these days, but in the early 70s when your
sole wore out the cobbler gave you a choice - was it to be resoled
with rubber (new stuff) or
leather (traditional stuff).
After doing the experiments, my choice was clear. Maybe I saved
myself breaking a leg by not slipping, over the ensuing years!
Cheers,
Arindam Banerjee

Date Subject Author
5/27/12
Read Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Dr. Jai Maharaj
5/27/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Giga
5/27/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Dr. Jai Maharaj
5/27/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Zinnic
5/27/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Romanise
5/27/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Helmut Wabnig
5/28/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Bret Cahill
5/30/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Thomas Nordhaus
5/27/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
fanabba
5/27/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Myself,PresentContinuouslyTenseMallu
[...]
lifeisfreedom
5/30/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
lifeisfreedom
5/28/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Zinnic
5/28/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Arindam Banerjee
5/29/12
Read Dishonest behavior in extreme
Romanise
5/29/12
Read Re: Dishonest behavior in extreme
Helmut Wabnig
5/30/12
[...]
Read Doubt if Adridam Bandicoot can bring back all sheep anyone entrusts
him to take out to graze
Romanise
5/30/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
herbert glazier
5/30/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
hanson
5/30/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Helmut Wabnig
5/30/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
hanson
5/31/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Tom Potter
5/31/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Androcles
5/31/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Arindam Banerjee
5/31/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Aielyn
5/31/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Zinnic
5/31/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Helmut Wabnig
5/31/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Dr. Jai Maharaj
5/31/12
Read Best Monkey can do
Romanise
5/31/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Dr. Jai Maharaj
5/31/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Arindam Banerjee
6/1/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Myself,PresentContinuouslyTenseMallu
6/1/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Guest
6/1/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Arindam Banerjee
6/2/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Dr. Jai Maharaj
6/2/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Dr. Jai Maharaj
6/2/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Arindam Banerjee
6/3/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Dr. Jai Maharaj
6/3/12
Read Monkey becomes Bandicoot's Kaamadhenu, the cow that gives whatever
you wisj
Romanise
6/3/12
Read Monkey becomes Bandicoot's Kaamadhenu, the cow that gives whatever
you wish
Romanise
6/3/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Dr. Jai Maharaj
6/3/12
Read Bandicoot Circus : Impresario Monkey
Romanise
6/3/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Arindam Banerjee
6/3/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Myself,PresentContinuouslyTenseMallu
6/3/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Dr. Jai Maharaj
6/3/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Arindam Banerjee
6/4/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Myself,PresentContinuouslyTenseMallu
6/4/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Arindam Banerjee
6/4/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Myself,PresentContinuouslyTenseMallu
6/4/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Dr. Jai Maharaj
6/4/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Arindam Banerjee
6/4/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Dr. Jai Maharaj
6/5/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Dr. Jai Maharaj
6/5/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Arindam Banerjee
6/5/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Dr. Jai Maharaj
6/5/12
Read Lady Kaka marries Bandicoot
Romanise
6/5/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Dr. Jai Maharaj
6/5/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Dr. Jai Maharaj
6/5/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Arindam Banerjee
6/5/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Myself,PresentContinuouslyTenseMallu
6/5/12
Read Must be Lady Kaka
Romanise
6/5/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Myself,PresentContinuouslyTenseMallu
6/3/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Myself,PresentContinuouslyTenseMallu
6/2/12
Read Adridam Bandicoot has amazing appetite for getting its ass kicked
Romanise
6/2/12
Read Adridam Bandicoot has amazing appetite for getting its ass kicked
dmjoshi1@gmail.com
6/2/12
Read Re: Adridam Bandicoot has amazing appetite for getting its ass kicked
Zinnic
6/4/12
Read Deriving the mathematical formula e=0.5mVVN(N-k) in painstaking
detail yet again, for the umpteeth time!
Arindam Banerjee
6/5/12
Read Re: Deriving the mathematical formula e=0.5mVVN(N-k) in painstaking
detail yet again, for the umpteeth time!
Zinnic
6/5/12
Read Re: Deriving the mathematical formula e=0.5mVVN(N-k) in painstaking
detail yet again, for the umpteeth time!
Arindam Banerjee
6/6/12
Read Re: Deriving the mathematical formula e=0.5mVVN(N-k) in painstaking
detail yet again, for the umpteeth time!
Romanise
6/6/12
Read Re: Deriving the mathematical formula e=0.5mVVN(N-k) in painstaking
detail yet again, for the umpteeth time!
Myself,PresentContinuouslyTenseMallu
6/6/12
Read Re: Deriving the mathematical formula e=0.5mVVN(N-k) in painstaking
detail yet again, for the umpteeth time!
Romanise
6/9/12
Read Re: Deriving the mathematical formula e=0.5mVVN(N-k) in painstaking
detail yet again, for the umpteeth time!
Arindam Banerjee
6/9/12
Read Re: Deriving the mathematical formula e=0.5mVVN(N-k) in painstaking
detail yet again, for the umpteeth time!
Brian Q. Hutchings
6/10/12
Read Re: Deriving the mathematical formula e=0.5mVVN(N-k) in painstaking
detail yet again, for the umpteeth time!
Arindam Banerjee
6/10/12
Read Re: Deriving the mathematical formula e=0.5mVVN(N-k) in painstaking
detail yet again, for the umpteeth time!
Zinnic
6/10/12
Read Amoeba has given up on Monkey, instead itself will metamorphoses in
to J K Rowling
Romanise
6/6/12
[...]
6/7/12
[...]
6/8/12
[...]
Read Getting recognized as Monkey is helluva RECOGNITION
Romanise
6/10/12
[...]
RedAcer
5/27/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Dr. Jai Maharaj
5/27/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Romanise
5/28/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Bret Cahill
5/27/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
TruthSlave
5/27/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
root
6/3/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
mike3
5/28/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Aielyn
5/28/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Immortalist
5/28/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Dr. Jai Maharaj
5/28/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
donstockbauer@hotmail.com
5/28/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Dr. Jai Maharaj
5/29/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Mike Terry
5/30/12
Read Re: Schoolboy cracks age-old mathematics problem
Frederick Williams