Topic: associating .m files with matlab
Replies: 44   Last Post: Apr 22, 2014 11:50 AM

vomov

From: Nijmegen, Netherlands
Registered: 10/1/09
Re: associating .m files with matlab

"ahahah" wrote in message <jr5mnn$19m$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> Sorry, but if you modify windows register the only thing you do is to delete the association with file, but it's not always true (and i'm in this case) that it takes to solve the problem.
>
> After deleting with regedit, after reboots, etc... always the same problem!
> Clicking on .m, .mat, .fig open Matlab but not the clicked file!
>
> Please don't say to read the help because, again, it's not the solution.
> I'm running r2012a 64bit on Win7 64bit.

If the help doesn't help, even after deleting the file associations, it either means that something is re-registering the extensions as you delete them, or that something is preventing deleting corresponding values in regedit.

However, what you're describing is something else; matlab opens, but does not open the corresponding m-file (or fig, or whatever), which means that Matlab is started to handle the file, but isn't passed the actual file. Presumably, you've associated the files with the 'Matlab starter' (or whatever it's called), and not with Matlab itself.

While the usual way would be to uninstall Matlab, then delete the registry entries detailing the relevant extensions (*.m, *.mat, *.fig), and finally reinstalling Matlab, but it should be possible to register the extensions with the correct *.exe, which should be ""C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2011a\bin\matlab.exe", assuming you're running 64-bit Matlab on and x64 PC.

I've had a similar problem, but after deleting the entries in the registry and using the commands found in the help the problem disappeared.

Date Subject Author
10/9/10
Read associating .m files with matlab
nishant
10/9/10
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
ImageAnalyst
10/9/10
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Mark Shore
9/10/13
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Zhanhong
10/9/10
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
CHEW YEONG
10/9/10
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Mark Shore
10/10/10
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Steven Lord
10/10/10
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
CHEW YEONG
1/4/11
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Jonathan
1/5/11
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Jonathan
1/19/11
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Jesse Sipple
1/19/11
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Jonathan
2/21/11
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
grafikon
3/6/11
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Muhammad Ali
3/6/11
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
grafikon
4/3/11
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Mammar
11/8/11
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Chad
11/8/11
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Steven Lord
11/18/11
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
vomov
2/9/12
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
neiho
2/21/12
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Amir
3/15/12
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Godzilla
3/16/12
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Steven Lord
3/15/12
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Godzilla
5/2/12
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
dick mini
5/25/12
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Gordon
6/11/12
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
ahahah
6/11/12
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Steven Lord
6/12/12
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
vomov
6/15/12
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
ahahah
11/25/12
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Johannes
11/27/12
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Steven Lord
11/28/12
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Wayne
11/28/12
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
vomov
1/28/13
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Matt H
2/13/13
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Jesse Sipple
4/21/13
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Zack
2/8/13
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Mohamed Talaat Harb
3/14/14
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Salvatore
5/2/13
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
zemerovingian@gmail.com
9/9/13
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
alvinsa
9/9/13
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Yair Altman
3/15/14
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Muhammad Rehan Abbasi
4/17/14
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
kondiik@gmail.com
4/22/14
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
s183114