Topic: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Replies: 74   Last Post: Aug 9, 2012 6:50 PM

Horand.Gassmann@googlemail.com

Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture

On Jun 14, 6:28 am, mluttgens <lutt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]

> > -- Richard
>
> My response is contained in the following new version:
>
> Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
> ______________________________
>
> According to the conjecture, every even integer greater than 4 can be
> expressed as the sum of two primes.
>
> Let's consider two identical infinite series S and S' of uneven
> numbers, where S and S' = 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, etc...
> In other words, S(n) = S'(n) = 2n +1, with n beginning at 1.
> Let?s note that S and S? contain only natural numbers.
>
> The fact that some uneven numbers contained in the series S and S' can
> be
> the result of mathematical operations, for instance exponentiation, is
> thus irrelevant.
>
> By adding successively each number of S to all the numbers of S', one
> gets a series P of even numbers.
>
> Example:
> _______
>
> n     S    S'
> _     _    _
>
> 1     3    3
> 2     5    5
> 3     7    7
> 4     9    9
> 5    11   11
> 6    13   13
> 7    15   15
> 8    17   17
> 9    19   19
> 10   21   21
> 11   23   23
>
> By adding, one gets the following even numbers of series P:
>
> From S = 3:            6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 22, 24, 26
> From S = 5:            8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 22, 24, 26, 28
> From S = 7:          10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 22, 24, 26, 28, 30
> From S = 9:          12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 22, 24, 26, 28, 30, 32
> From S = 11:        14, 16, 18, 20, 22, 24, 26, 28, 30, 32, 34
> From S = 13:        16, 18, 20, 22, 24, 26, 28, 30, 32, 34, 36
> From S = 15:        18, 20, 22, 24, 26, 28, 30, 32, 34, 36, 38
> From S = 17:        20, 22, 24, 26, 28, 30, 32, 34, 36, 38, 40
> From S = 19:        22, 24, 26, 28, 30, 32, 34, 36, 38, 40, 42
> From S = 21:        24, 26, 28, 30, 32, 34, 36, 38, 40, 42, 44
> From S = 23:        26, 28, 30, 32, 34, 36, 38, 40, 42, 44, 46
>
> Thus, series P contains all the even numbers from 6 to 46.
>
> In P, the number 26 = 3+23, 5+21, 7+19, 9+17, 11+15, 13+13, 15+11,
> 17+9, 19+7, 21+5 and 23+3, all the terms coming from the  successive
> uneven numbers of S and S' from 3 to 23, where 23 = 26 - 3.
> As S and S' contain all the prime numbers inferior or equal to 26-3 ,
> the even number 26 is necessarily the sum of two primes.
> Let?s note that it is not necessary to indentify those primes. Knowing
> that they exist in S and S? is enough..
> This applies mutatis mutandi to any even integer
>
> Conclusion:
>
> Every even integer greater than 4 can be expressed as the sum of two
> primes.
> In other words, the above procedure vindicates Goldbach's conjecture.

It appears you do not even understand the problem. How do you *KNOW*
that you will never miss an even number using this schema? It is fine
and good to verify that every even integer less than 47 can be written
as a sum of two primes, but what about 83749105938571693046? Your
method says nothing about that number.

Date Subject Author
6/6/12
Read Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/6/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Brian Q. Hutchings
6/6/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
GEIvey
6/7/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Richard Tobin
6/8/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/8/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Count Dracula
6/9/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/9/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Brian Q. Hutchings
6/9/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/25/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
GEIvey
6/9/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Richard Tobin
6/9/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/9/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Richard Tobin
6/9/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Brian Q. Hutchings
6/9/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Brian Q. Hutchings
6/14/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/14/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Horand.Gassmann@googlemail.com
6/16/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/16/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Frederick Williams
6/20/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/20/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Rick Decker
6/21/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/21/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Frederick Williams
6/21/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/21/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Horand.Gassmann@googlemail.com
6/22/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/22/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Horand.Gassmann@googlemail.com
6/22/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/22/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Brian Q. Hutchings
6/22/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Horand.Gassmann@googlemail.com
6/25/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Michael Stemper
6/26/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/26/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Frederick Williams
6/28/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Michael Stemper
7/19/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
7/19/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Timothy Murphy
7/19/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
7/19/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Gus Gassmann
7/20/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
8/1/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Tim Little
8/4/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
8/4/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Frederick Williams
8/6/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
8/6/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
gus gassmann
8/6/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Brian Q. Hutchings
8/9/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Pubkeybreaker
7/19/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
J. Antonio Perez M.
7/20/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/25/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Michael Stemper
6/25/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Thomas Nordhaus
6/16/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Horand.Gassmann@googlemail.com
6/17/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/17/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
quasi
6/18/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Count Dracula
6/18/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
quasi
6/19/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Count Dracula
6/19/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
quasi
6/20/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/22/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Michael Stemper
6/22/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/22/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Robin Chapman
6/22/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Michael Stemper
6/23/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/22/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Richard Tobin
6/22/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Richard Tobin
6/25/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Richard Tobin
6/25/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Michael Stemper
6/14/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Count Dracula
6/21/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Luis A. Rodriguez
6/21/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Brian Q. Hutchings
6/21/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/25/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
GEIvey
6/20/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
J. Antonio Perez M.
6/19/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Madhur
6/19/12