Topic: #34 Algebra Regents
Replies: 24   Last Post: Jun 21, 2012 4:00 PM

Mimi Rague

RE: #34 Algebra Regents
att1.html (7.5 K)

Form over substance.

Mimi

From: owner-nyshsmath@mathforum.org
[mailto:owner-nyshsmath@mathforum.org] On Behalf Of Kathleen Curtis
Sent: Friday, June 15, 2012 8:49 AM
To: nyshsmath@mathforum.org
Subject: RE: #34 Algebra Regents

Because there is no y in the equation they are asked to solve, the
answers should not be in ordered pairs.

We were grumpy about a similar question a few years ago, but there is no
y in the quadratic equation. So mathematically the answer should not be
an ordered pair.

SED is consistent on their answer from years past.

Sincerely,

Kathy C