Topic: Visualizing where to draw the standard deviation line
Replies: 63   Last Post: Jun 19, 2012 12:12 PM

Snit

Re: OT: Word to the wise - Re: Visualizing where to draw the standard
deviation line

On 6/18/12 9:21 PM, in article
a83c0ba6-fcb0-412a-a15e-a19427634c63@s9g2000vbg.googlegroups.com, "Onion
Knight" <onionknightgot@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Agreed, which is why I previously toldSnithe should be questioning
>> the use of a line at all... but the argument was really a dick
>> measuring contest based on which line was a better fit andSnit'sline
>> lost.
>>
>> Onion Kinight is aSnitsock puppet or shill who has never posted to
>> usenet prior to this debate...Snithas done things like this for
>> years. He is one of the biggest liars you'll probably ever see on
>> usenet, there are scores and scores of posters who have all labeled
>> him a liar, troll or worse because of his online antics:
>>
>> https://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/6e8fd0b61d...
>>
>> My suggestion: Don't get sucked into his BS.

> Snit predicted an increase in Linux usage and he showed where the data
> supported this for 2011 but not 2012. You the confused him showing a
> correlation with a claim of causation and have since proved you can't
> understand the difference.

Carroll claims my method did not have as good of a fit... bit it showed
better results:

* The increase in usage in the second half of 2011
* The decrease in 2012

cc admitted his method missed these trends... he screwed up and assumed the
data was wrong because it did not fit his model... even though it was data
he asked us to use!

--
The indisputable facts about that absurd debate: <http://goo.gl/2337P>
cc being proved wrong about his stats BS: <http://goo.gl/1aYrP>

Date Subject Author
6/14/12
Read Visualizing where to draw the standard deviation line
Onion Knight
6/15/12
Read Re: Visualizing where to draw the standard deviation line
Ray Koopman
6/15/12
Read Re: Visualizing where to draw the standard deviation line
Snit
6/15/12
Read Re: Visualizing where to draw the standard deviation line
Frederick Williams
6/15/12
Read Re: Visualizing where to draw the standard deviation line
Snit
6/16/12
Read Re: Visualizing where to draw the standard deviation line
Lusotec
6/15/12
Read Re: Visualizing where to draw the standard deviation line
Kaba
6/15/12
Read Re: Visualizing where to draw the standard deviation line
Snit
6/15/12
Read Re: Visualizing where to draw the standard deviation line
White Spirit
[...]
Steve Carroll
[...]
6/17/12
[...]
Read OT: Word to the wise - Re: Visualizing where to draw the standard
deviation line
Steve Carroll
6/15/12
Read Re: OT: Word to the wise - Re: Visualizing where to draw the standard
deviation line
Onion Knight
6/15/12
Read Re: OT: Word to the wise - Re: Visualizing where to draw the standard
deviation line
Snit
6/15/12
Read Re: OT: Word to the wise - Re: Visualizing where to draw the standard
deviation line
Onion Knight
6/15/12
Read Re: OT: Word to the wise - Re: Visualizing where to draw the standard
deviation line
Snit
6/16/12
Read Re: OT: Word to the wise - Re: Visualizing where to draw the
standarddeviation line
Frederick Williams
6/19/12
Read Re: OT: Word to the wise - Re: Visualizing where to draw the standard
deviation line
Onion Knight
6/19/12
Read Re: OT: Word to the wise - Re: Visualizing where to draw the standard
deviation line
Snit
6/18/12
Read Re: OT: Summarization of Snit's 'Statistical Analysis' argument - Re: