Topic: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Replies: 74   Last Post: Aug 9, 2012 6:50 PM

mluttgens

Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture

On 20 juin, 17:35, Rick Decker <rdec...@hamilton.edu> wrote:
> On 6/20/12 10:33 AM, mluttgens wrote:
>

> > On 16 juin, 19:00, Frederick Williams<freddywilli...@btinternet.com>
> > wrote:

> >> That's a big claim.  Can you prove it?
>
> >> --
> >>       The animated figures stand
> >>       Adorning every public street
> >>       And seem to breathe in stone, or
> >>       Move their marble feet.

> > It was easy to show that the even number 26 is the sum of two primes:
>
> > 26 = 3+23, 7+19, 13+13, 19+7 and 23+3.
>
> > Let's call those sums Goldbach's sums.
> > The number 26 has thus 5 Goldbach's sums. Hence, the number 26
> > vindicates Goldbach's conjecture.

> > In order to falsify the conjecture, one should need to show that some
> > even number can't be the sum of two primes.

> > Hereafter are the numbers n of Goldbach's sums for increasing even
> > numbers N:

> >           N        n
> >           _        _

> >          50        8
> >         100       12
> >         500       26
> >        1000       56
> >        5000      152
> >       10000      254
> >       50000      900
> >      100000     1628

> > Clearly, when N increases, the number of Goldbach's sums also
> > increases.

> No. All you can say with certainty is that _for the cases you have
> provided_, the number of Goldbach sums increases as N increases.
> You haven't provided anything of substance besides your assertion.
>

> > Perhaps could somebody finds a formula linking N and n.
>
> Now _that_ would indeed be a useful result. The problem is that
> nobody has come up with such a formula.

Because that till now, no mathematician has thought of studying the
relation between N and n
and found that the relation between log N and log n is *linear*

Such a linear relation straightforwardly validates Goldbach's
conjecture.

Marcel Luttgens

> > The given example shows that n cannot decrease from some value of N
> > and eventually becomes zero.

> No it doesn't. It only provides a reason why you believe that GC is
> true. Being as gentle as I can here, no one is interested in your
> beliefs. Lots of mathematicians believe that GC is true, but they
> recognize that belief without proof isn't mathematics.
>

> > Thus, it vindicates Goldbach's conjecture.
>
> Sorry to break it to you, but it doesn't, at least for any
> definition of "vindicate" that I could find.
>
> Regards,
>
> Rick

Date Subject Author
6/6/12
Read Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/6/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Brian Q. Hutchings
6/6/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
GEIvey
6/7/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Richard Tobin
6/8/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/8/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Count Dracula
6/9/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/9/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Brian Q. Hutchings
6/9/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/25/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
GEIvey
6/9/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Richard Tobin
6/9/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/9/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Richard Tobin
6/9/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Brian Q. Hutchings
6/9/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Brian Q. Hutchings
6/14/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/14/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Horand.Gassmann@googlemail.com
6/16/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/16/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Frederick Williams
6/20/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/20/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Rick Decker
6/21/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/21/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Frederick Williams
6/21/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/21/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Horand.Gassmann@googlemail.com
6/22/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/22/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Horand.Gassmann@googlemail.com
6/22/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/22/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Brian Q. Hutchings
6/22/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Horand.Gassmann@googlemail.com
6/25/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Michael Stemper
6/26/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/26/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Frederick Williams
6/28/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Michael Stemper
7/19/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
7/19/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Timothy Murphy
7/19/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
7/19/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Gus Gassmann
7/20/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
8/1/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Tim Little
8/4/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
8/4/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Frederick Williams
8/6/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
8/6/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
gus gassmann
8/6/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Brian Q. Hutchings
8/9/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Pubkeybreaker
7/19/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
J. Antonio Perez M.
7/20/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/25/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Michael Stemper
6/25/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Thomas Nordhaus
6/16/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Horand.Gassmann@googlemail.com
6/17/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/17/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
quasi
6/18/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Count Dracula
6/18/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
quasi
6/19/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Count Dracula
6/19/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
quasi
6/20/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/22/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Michael Stemper
6/22/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/22/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Robin Chapman
6/22/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Michael Stemper
6/23/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/22/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Richard Tobin
6/22/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Richard Tobin
6/25/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Richard Tobin
6/25/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Michael Stemper
6/14/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Count Dracula
6/21/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Luis A. Rodriguez
6/21/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Brian Q. Hutchings
6/21/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/25/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
GEIvey
6/20/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
J. Antonio Perez M.
6/19/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Madhur
6/19/12