Topic: books or courses with mathematical proofs
Replies: 25   Last Post: Jun 25, 2012 12:46 AM

William Elliot

Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs

On Thu, 21 Jun 2012, ahum wrote:

> At this moment I'm studying IT(programming)in eveningschool. I will
> obtain a limited degree (one could compare it to a bachelor, but it
> isn't). This could lead to a full bachelor degree at a university. I
> would like to refresh my mathematical skills trough selfstudy, I would
> like to study my highschool maths but have trouble finding books or
> courses which contain the full proofs of the subjects. I have found many
> excellent books on algebra, calculus, geometry and others, but it is al
> applied, and no mathematical proofs whatsoever. And I really want these
> proofs, because I want to fully grasp and understand what I'm doing
> (which sounds obvious). Can you help me find the courses or books I
> need? I'm of course prepared to pay the price for books needed to
> increase my knowledge and skills. Thanks in advance

Proofs are now consider unneded and too hard for students.
Get either old text books or higher level texts.

Date Subject Author
6/22/12
Read books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
William Elliot
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
Graham Cooper
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
Michael Stemper
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
quasi
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
quasi
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
Frederick Williams
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
amzoti
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
Porky Pig Jr
6/23/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/24/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
Porky Pig Jr
6/23/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
Frederick Williams
6/23/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
KBH
6/23/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/23/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
Frederick Williams
6/23/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/23/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/25/12