Topic: books or courses with mathematical proofs
Replies: 25   Last Post: Jun 25, 2012 12:46 AM

ahum

Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs

On Friday, June 22, 2012 9:40:33 AM UTC+2, William Elliot wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Jun 2012, ahum wrote:
>

> > At this moment I'm studying IT(programming)in eveningschool. I will
> > obtain a limited degree (one could compare it to a bachelor, but it
> > isn't). This could lead to a full bachelor degree at a university. I
> > would like to refresh my mathematical skills trough selfstudy, I would
> > like to study my highschool maths but have trouble finding books or
> > courses which contain the full proofs of the subjects. I have found many
> > excellent books on algebra, calculus, geometry and others, but it is al
> > applied, and no mathematical proofs whatsoever. And I really want these
> > proofs, because I want to fully grasp and understand what I'm doing
> > (which sounds obvious). Can you help me find the courses or books I
> > need? I'm of course prepared to pay the price for books needed to
> > increase my knowledge and skills. Thanks in advance

> Proofs are now consider unneded and too hard for students.
> Get either old text books or higher level texts.

Thank you very much for the swift response. That's weird. And a bit of a disappointment. But my goal is to understand en grasp the subject, so I'm going to study it anyway.
Can you provide me with some titles?
Thanks again

Pierre

Date Subject Author
6/22/12
Read books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
William Elliot
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
Graham Cooper
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
Michael Stemper
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
quasi
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
quasi
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
Frederick Williams
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
amzoti
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
Porky Pig Jr
6/23/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/24/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
Porky Pig Jr
6/23/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
Frederick Williams
6/23/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
KBH
6/23/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/23/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
Frederick Williams
6/23/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/23/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/25/12