Topic: books or courses with mathematical proofs
Replies: 25   Last Post: Jun 25, 2012 12:46 AM

quasi

Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs

ahum wrote:

>At this moment I'm studying IT(programming)in eveningschool.
>I will obtain a limited degree (one could compare it to a
>bachelor, but it isn't). This could lead to a full bachelor
>degree at a university.
>
>I would like to refresh my mathematical skills trough
>selfstudy, I would like to study my highschool maths but have
>trouble finding books or courses which contain the full proofs
>of the subjects. I have found many excellent books on algebra,
>calculus, geometry and others, but it is al applied, and no
>mathematical proofs whatsoever. And I really want these proofs,
>because I want to fully grasp and understand what I'm doing
>(which sounds obvious).
>
>Can you help me find the courses or books I need? I'm of
>course prepared to pay the price for books needed to increase
>my knowledge and skills.

I think some of the books published by

"Art of Problem Solving" (AoPS)

would match your objectives.

I especially recommend these:

Precalculus
by Richard Rusczyk

Intermediate Counting and Probability
by David Patrick

Here's a link to their online bookstore:

<http://www.artofproblemsolving.com/Store/alltitles.php?#AoPStexts>

quasi

Date Subject Author
6/22/12
Read books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
William Elliot
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
Graham Cooper
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
Michael Stemper
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
quasi
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
quasi
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
Frederick Williams
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
amzoti
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
Porky Pig Jr
6/23/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/24/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
Porky Pig Jr
6/23/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
Frederick Williams
6/23/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
KBH
6/23/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/23/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
Frederick Williams
6/23/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/23/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/25/12