Topic: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Replies: 74   Last Post: Aug 9, 2012 6:50 PM

Horand.Gassmann@googlemail.com

Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture

On Jun 22, 7:40 am, mluttgens <lutt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 22 juin, 03:19, Gus Gassmann <horand.gassm...@googlemail.com>
> wrote:
>

> > On Jun 21, 7:29 pm, mluttgens <lutt...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > For N = 1000000, one gets 10804 Goldbach's pairs.
> > > The relation between log N and log n is log n = 0.727*log N -0.436

> > Note that this is not an equation, as it is not satisfied for N = 4.
>
> The linear relation has been calculated from N = 50 to N = 1000000.
> Using it, one gets n = 8433 when N = 1000000, which is less than the
> exact value 10804.
> With the help of a graph, one could infer that another relationship,
> probably exponential, would be more appropriate. This would of course
> still clearer vindicate Goldbach's conjecture.

You chose not to respond to my main substantive point, which was that
vindication =/= proof. Evidence in favor of the conjecture is hardly
news. After all, the original conjecture was based on at least some
evidence, so you are approximately 270 years too late. And since n(N),
the number of ways one can partition N into primes, is not monotonic*,
you cannot rule out a situation where N > 2 and n(N) = 0.

* n(8) = n(12) = 1, but n(10) = 2.

Date Subject Author
6/6/12
Read Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/6/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Brian Q. Hutchings
6/6/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
GEIvey
6/7/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Richard Tobin
6/8/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/8/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Count Dracula
6/9/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/9/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Brian Q. Hutchings
6/9/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/25/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
GEIvey
6/9/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Richard Tobin
6/9/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/9/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Richard Tobin
6/9/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Brian Q. Hutchings
6/9/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Brian Q. Hutchings
6/14/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/14/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Horand.Gassmann@googlemail.com
6/16/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/16/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Frederick Williams
6/20/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/20/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Rick Decker
6/21/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/21/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Frederick Williams
6/21/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/21/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Horand.Gassmann@googlemail.com
6/22/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/22/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Horand.Gassmann@googlemail.com
6/22/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/22/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Brian Q. Hutchings
6/22/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Horand.Gassmann@googlemail.com
6/25/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Michael Stemper
6/26/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/26/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Frederick Williams
6/28/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Michael Stemper
7/19/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
7/19/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Timothy Murphy
7/19/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
7/19/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Gus Gassmann
7/20/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
8/1/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Tim Little
8/4/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
8/4/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Frederick Williams
8/6/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
8/6/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
gus gassmann
8/6/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Brian Q. Hutchings
8/9/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Pubkeybreaker
7/19/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
J. Antonio Perez M.
7/20/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/25/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Michael Stemper
6/25/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Thomas Nordhaus
6/16/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Horand.Gassmann@googlemail.com
6/17/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/17/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
quasi
6/18/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Count Dracula
6/18/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
quasi
6/19/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Count Dracula
6/19/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
quasi
6/20/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/22/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Michael Stemper
6/22/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/22/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Robin Chapman
6/22/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Michael Stemper
6/23/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/22/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Richard Tobin
6/22/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Richard Tobin
6/25/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Richard Tobin
6/25/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Michael Stemper
6/14/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Count Dracula
6/21/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Luis A. Rodriguez
6/21/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Brian Q. Hutchings
6/21/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/25/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
GEIvey
6/20/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
J. Antonio Perez M.
6/19/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Madhur
6/19/12