Topic: books or courses with mathematical proofs
Replies: 25   Last Post: Jun 25, 2012 12:46 AM

ahum

Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs

On Friday, June 22, 2012 12:24:54 PM UTC+2, quasi wrote:
> ahum wrote:
>

> >At this moment I'm studying IT(programming)in eveningschool.
> >I will obtain a limited degree (one could compare it to a
> >bachelor, but it isn't). This could lead to a full bachelor
> >degree at a university.
> >
> >I would like to refresh my mathematical skills trough
> >selfstudy, I would like to study my highschool maths but have
> >trouble finding books or courses which contain the full proofs
> >of the subjects. I have found many excellent books on algebra,
> >calculus, geometry and others, but it is al applied, and no
> >mathematical proofs whatsoever. And I really want these proofs,
> >because I want to fully grasp and understand what I'm doing
> >(which sounds obvious).
> >
> >Can you help me find the courses or books I need? I'm of
> >course prepared to pay the price for books needed to increase
> >my knowledge and skills.

> I think some of the books published by
>
> "Art of Problem Solving" (AoPS)
>
> would match your objectives.
>
> I especially recommend these:
>
> Precalculus
> by Richard Rusczyk
>
> Intermediate Counting and Probability
> by David Patrick
>
> Here's a link to their online bookstore:
>
> <http://www.artofproblemsolving.com/Store/alltitles.php?#AoPStexts>
>
> quasi

These books look indeed very interesting. And they include all necessary proofs - I'm sorry for asking, but the excerpts show only exercises. Thanks for answering anyway. Best regards.

Date Subject Author
6/22/12
Read books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
William Elliot
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
Graham Cooper
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
Michael Stemper
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
quasi
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
quasi
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
Frederick Williams
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
amzoti
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
Porky Pig Jr
6/23/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/24/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
Porky Pig Jr
6/23/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
Frederick Williams
6/23/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
KBH
6/23/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/23/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
Frederick Williams
6/23/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/23/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/25/12