Topic: books or courses with mathematical proofs
Replies: 25   Last Post: Jun 25, 2012 12:46 AM

Frederick Williams

Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs

ahum wrote:

> Hi
>
> At this moment I'm studying IT(programming)in eveningschool. I will obtain a limited degree (one could compare it to a bachelor, but it isn't). This could lead to a full bachelor degree at a university.
> I would like to refresh my mathematical skills trough selfstudy, I would like to study my highschool maths but have trouble finding books or courses which contain the full proofs of the subjects. I have found many excellent books on algebra, calculus, geometry and others, but it is al applied, and no mathematical proofs whatsoever. And I really want these proofs, because I want to fully grasp and understand what I'm doing (which sounds obvious).
> Can you help me find the courses or books I need? I'm of course prepared to pay the price for books needed to increase my knowledge and skills.

I haven't looked in a recently published one, but the Schaum's Outline
series covered a wide range of subjects at various levels with proofs
and fully solved problems.

Knuth's Art of Computer Programming covers mathematics relevant to...
um... programming, and he proves things. (I happen to think that the
books are over-rated: MIX is utterly absurd and his flow charts are
awful.)

--
The animated figures stand
Adorning every public street

Date Subject Author
6/22/12
Read books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
William Elliot
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
Graham Cooper
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
Michael Stemper
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
quasi
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
quasi
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
Frederick Williams
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
amzoti
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
Porky Pig Jr
6/23/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/24/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
Porky Pig Jr
6/23/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
Frederick Williams
6/23/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
KBH
6/23/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/23/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
Frederick Williams
6/23/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/23/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/25/12