Topic: books or courses with mathematical proofs
Replies: 25   Last Post: Jun 25, 2012 12:46 AM

ahum

Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs

On Friday, June 22, 2012 9:18:16 PM UTC+2, quasi wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Jun 2012 05:21:37 -0700 (PDT), ahum
>
> wrote:

> >> I think some of the books published by
> >>
> >> "Art of Problem Solving" (AoPS)
> >>
> >> would match your objectives.
> >>
> >> I especially recommend these:
> >>
> >> Precalculus
> >> by Richard Rusczyk
> >>
> >> Intermediate Counting and Probability
> >> by David Patrick
> >>
> >> Here's a link to their online bookstore:
> >>
> >> <http://www.artofproblemsolving.com/Store/alltitles.php?#AoPStexts>
> >>

> >These books look indeed very interesting. And they include all
> >necessary proofs - I'm sorry for asking, but the excerpts show
> >only exercises. Thanks for answering anyway. Best regards.

> I don't have the books at hand, but my memory is that they
> are more rigorous than is typical at that level.
>
> For both of the books I recommended, while the styles are
> informal (not definition, theorem style), results are proved,
> not just stated.
>
> The exercises are very well chosen and span a wide range,
> from routine to very challenging.
>
> quasi

Ok,this looks very good! Thank you very much!
Pierre

Date Subject Author
6/22/12
Read books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
William Elliot
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
Graham Cooper
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
Michael Stemper
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
quasi
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
quasi
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
Frederick Williams
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
amzoti
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
Porky Pig Jr
6/23/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/24/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
Porky Pig Jr
6/23/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
Frederick Williams
6/23/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
KBH
6/23/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/23/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
Frederick Williams
6/23/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/23/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/25/12