Topic: How would YOU simplify arithmetic?
Replies: 41   Last Post: Jul 11, 2012 12:56 AM

Clyde Greeno @ MALEI

Re: How would YOU simplify arithmetic?

http://arapaho.nsuok.edu/~okar-maa/news/okarproceedings/OKAR-2005/clgreeno-part1.html

and

http://arapaho.nsuok.edu/~okar-maa/news/okarproceedings/OKAR-2006/greeno.htm

From: "Jonathan Crabtree" <sendtojonathan@yahoo.com.au>
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2012 1:53 AM
To: <math-teach@mathforum.org>
Subject: How would YOU simplify arithmetic?

> In Australia more students than ever leave school without basic numeracy
> skills.
>
> So if YOU were starting from scratch, how would you simplify arithmetic?
>
> For the sake of the question, we'll assume:
> ten numerals 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
> four operations + - x ÷
> equality sign =
>
> I am not seeking pedagogical replies or contributions. Instead how can
> arithmetic ITSELF be made simpler?

Date Subject Author
6/25/12
Read How would YOU simplify arithmetic?
Jonathan Crabtree
6/25/12
Read Re: How would YOU simplify arithmetic?
Robert Hansen
6/25/12
Read Re: How would YOU simplify arithmetic?
Haim
6/25/12
Read Re: How would YOU simplify arithmetic?
Robert Hansen
6/25/12
Read Re: How would YOU simplify arithmetic?
Clyde Greeno @ MALEI
6/25/12
Read Re: How would YOU simplify arithmetic?
Haim
6/25/12
Read Re: How would YOU simplify arithmetic?
Robert Hansen
6/25/12
Read Re: How would YOU simplify arithmetic?
Paul A. Tanner III
6/25/12
Read Re: How would YOU simplify arithmetic?
Domenico Rosa
6/26/12
Read Re: How would YOU simplify arithmetic?
Joe Niederberger
6/26/12
Read Re: How would YOU simplify arithmetic?
Joe Niederberger
6/26/12
Read Re: How would YOU simplify arithmetic?
Robert Hansen
6/26/12
Read Re: How would YOU simplify arithmetic?
Joe Niederberger
6/26/12
Read Re: How would YOU simplify arithmetic?
Joe Niederberger
6/26/12
Read Re: How would YOU simplify arithmetic?
Robert Hansen
6/26/12
Read Re: How would YOU simplify arithmetic?
Haim
6/26/12
Read Re: How would YOU simplify arithmetic?
Joe Niederberger
6/27/12
Read Re: How would YOU simplify arithmetic?
Cool Jessica
6/27/12
Read Re: How would YOU simplify arithmetic?
GS Chandy
6/29/12
Read Re: How would YOU simplify arithmetic?
Jonathan Crabtree
6/29/12
Read Re: How would YOU simplify arithmetic?
Robert Hansen
6/29/12
Read Re: How would YOU simplify arithmetic?
Wayne Bishop
6/29/12
Read Re: How would YOU simplify arithmetic?
Paul A. Tanner III
6/29/12
Read Re: How would YOU simplify arithmetic?
Domenico Rosa
6/29/12
Read Re: How would YOU simplify arithmetic?
Joe Niederberger
6/29/12
Read Re: How would YOU simplify arithmetic?
Clyde Greeno @ MALEI
6/30/12
Read Re: How would YOU simplify arithmetic?
Jonathan Crabtree
6/30/12
Read Re: How would YOU simplify arithmetic?
Wayne Bishop
6/30/12
Read Re: How would YOU simplify arithmetic?
Joe Niederberger
6/30/12
Read Re: How would YOU simplify arithmetic?
Jonathan Crabtree
7/1/12
Read Re: How would YOU simplify arithmetic?
Clyde Greeno @ MALEI
7/3/12
Read Re: How would YOU simplify arithmetic?
Domus
7/4/12
Read Re: How would YOU simplify arithmetic?
James Elander
7/4/12
Read Re: How would YOU simplify arithmetic?
Robert Hansen
7/4/12
Read Re: How would YOU simplify arithmetic?
Wayne Bishop
7/4/12
Read Re: How would YOU simplify arithmetic?
Clyde Greeno
7/4/12
Read Re: How would YOU simplify arithmetic?
Wayne Bishop
7/4/12
Read Re: How would YOU simplify arithmetic?
Joe Niederberger
7/6/12
Read Re: How would YOU simplify arithmetic?
Clyde Greeno @ MALEI
7/8/12
Read Re: How would YOU simplify arithmetic?
Joe Niederberger
7/10/12
Read Re: How would YOU simplify arithmetic?
Jonathan Crabtree
7/11/12