Topic: Positions in Infinite Space
Replies: 30   Last Post: Jun 30, 2012 2:26 PM

herbert glazier

Re: Positions in Infinite Space

On Jun 30, 5:08 am, netzweltler <reinhard_fisc...@arcor.de> wrote:
> On 29 Jun., 18:48, mstem...@walkabout.empros.com (Michael Stemper)
> wrote:
>

> > In article <17c0105f-9fea-407f-8936-695c2c86e...@d17g2000vbv.googlegroups.com>, netzweltler <reinhard_fisc...@arcor.de> writes:
>
> > >Is it possible, that "travelling forever" simply means "travelling to
> > >_every_ point finitely apart" and not necessarily, that a point
> > >infinitely apart is reached?

> > Pretty much, yeah. Especially since (in R, with the usual metric), there
> > are no points that are infinitely far apart.

> Do we have two different definitions of infinite travelling?
> Let's biject the definition above to the Zeno kind of travelling
>
> step 1: travelling to the first point ? travelling to point 0.5
> step 2: travelling to the second point ? travelling to point 0.75
> step 3: travelling to the third point ? travelling to point 0.875
>
> Is it true, that the Zeno kind of travelling does allow us to arrive
> at point 1 - the point infinitely (segments) apart, whereas in the
> first case (equidistant points) we won't arrive at a point infinitely
> apart - even if we are doubling our speed at each step?
>
> t = 0 s: travelling to the first point
> t = 0.5 s: travelling to the second point
> t = 0.75 s: travelling to the third point
>
> At which position are we at t = 1 second if there are only finite
> distances in infinite space? Did we leave infinite space behind?
>
> --
> netzweltler

It begs the question Are space shock waves intrinsic to the
cosmos,and their source has infinite energy that travels over infinite
distances?? I'm working on a galaxy theory and such is needed. I
want to add this in with my creating a big bang theory. Get the
picture TreBert

Date Subject Author
6/21/12
Read Positions in Infinite Space