Topic: A novel with some math in it?
Replies: 8   Last Post: Jul 12, 2012 11:04 AM

Barbara Illowsky

RE: A novel with some math in it?
att1.html (2.6 K)

HI,
We use this book in our dev math/English learning communities.
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time<http://www.amazon.com/Curious-Incident-Dog-Night-Time/dp/1400032717/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1341934746&sr=1-1&keywords=curious+incident+of+the+dog+in+the+nighttime> by Mark Haddon<http://www.amazon.com/Mark-Haddon/e/B001IOH0IW/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_1?qid=1341934746&sr=1-1> (May 18, 2004)

Have a great day!
Barbara Illowsky, PhD
Professor of Mathematics & Statistics
________________________________
From: Seese, Lillian M. [LSeese@stlcc.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2012 3:36 AM
To: owner-mathedcc@mathforum.org
Subject: A novel with some math in it?

Can anyone provide me with some advice? I am in a book club where everyone but me is either an English teacher or a librarian. It is my turn to recommend a novel for us to read. A year ago I chose "The Housekeeper and the Professor" (by Yoko Ogawa) which had just enough math in it to keep everyone interested. I'd love to come up with a book that has a little math in it again this year, but I'm coming up empty handed. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Lillian Seese
Professor of Mathematics
St. Louis Community College at Meramec
11333 Big Bend Blvd. Kirkwood MO 63122