Topic: parfor: keep outputs with same output filename
Replies: 12   Last Post: Aug 1, 2013 2:35 AM

dpb

Re: parfor: keep outputs with same output filename

On 7/23/2012 5:05 AM, Torsten wrote:

> Filenames in MATLAB have to start with a letter.
> Look at "Naming Other Files" under
> http://www.mathworks.de/help/techdoc/matlab_prog/f10-61281.html

Not OP's problem...

>> type testit.30

109 0.42
110 0.73
111 0.69
131 0.43

>> fid=fopen('testit.30','rt')
fid =
3
>> fgetl(fid)
ans =
109 0.42
>> fid=fclose(fid);

% copy testit.30 30test.dat

>> type 30test.dat

109 0.42
110 0.73

>> fid=fopen('30test.dat','rt')
fid =
3
>> fgetl(fid)
ans =
109 0.42
>> fgetl(fid)
ans =
110 0.73
>> fid=fclose(fid);

I didn't pursue all the links from the initial above, but if it actually
says/implies that filenames (or extensions) can't start w/ a numeral,
it's simply in error. Filenames must follow the naming conventions of
the underlying OS at a minimum; whether there are any other restrictions
TMW has introduced inside Matlab I'm unaware, but certainly this isn't one.