Topic: saving current figure?
Replies: 7   Last Post: Jul 27, 2012 4:29 AM

Jessica

Re: saving current figure?

"Oliver Woodford" wrote in message <jurhqu$7tq$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> "Jessica" wrote in message <jupo0m$kdk$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> > Hi,
> >
> > Can anyone give suggestions about how to save the current figure with a specified DPI AND save it with the same dimensions it shows according to the axis. My current figure is 96 dpi and 1280 x 1024 pix and I want to save this (as a .jpg or .bmp) with the same properties. I also don't want to save the extra border around the figure (that is outside the figure handle).
> >
> > Thanks

> export_fig (http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/23629-exportfig) does this if you save as png or tiff.

The figure I load is 1280 x 1024. When I save it with:

export_fig test3.png -r96

It outputs a figure with 96 dpi but with 684x547.

When I save it with:

export_fig test3.png -r96 -m2 or export_fig test3.png -r48 -m2

It outputs a figure with 180 dpi and 1281 x 1025.

Any suggestions for getting it to 96 dpi and 1280 x 1024?