Topic: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Replies: 114   Last Post: Aug 7, 2012 3:15 AM

Kent Wills

Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"

On Sun, 29 Jul 2012 21:46:37 -0400, Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
<spamtrap@library.lspace.org.invalid> wrote:

>In <7dj3189q89jve17qats2uobasfka9rkih8@4ax.com>, on 07/26/2012
> at 06:08 PM, K Wills <compuelf@gmail.com> said:
>

>> That you don't like what I gave doesn't mean I didn't give it.
>
>The Devil is in the details. The US constitution explicitly provides
>for copyrights, although the duration in current law makes am mockery
>of the term "limited".

Destroying something I own isn't a violation of copyright.

>>How? It's not like I'm claiming Van Gogh ruined his painting.
>
>No, you're implying that a dead artist is the same as a living one.

Lying isn't going to help you.

>>If it's a contemporary artist, I'm not claiming s/he did it. I
>>would be openly admitting that I ruined the painting.

>If you display it as the work of the artist, then you are affecting
>his reputation. That's harm.

Who said I was displaying it? I did mention that others might be
able to see it, but that's not the same as displaying it.
You're trying, and failing, to argue points I've never presented.

>>Such an action may earn me some rest at a local mental health
>>care facility,

>The current law on intellectual property is fascistic enough without
>allowing the government to impose Soviet-style repression.
>

>>but it shouldn't violate any law.
>
>Your claim wasn't simply that it should be legal, but that it didn't
>harm anyone else.

Try to pay attention.
It should not be illegal because it doesn't harm anyone.

--
"Hail imp," shouted Vlad, the Imp Hailer.

Date Subject Author
7/24/12
Read Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
7/24/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Jos Bergervoet
dev-null@example.com
7/24/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
David Bernier
7/25/12
Read Google cannot use the names sci.math, sci.physics etcRe: Can a law
firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
7/25/12
Read Re: Google cannot use the names sci.math, sci.physics etcRe: Can a law
firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Seth Breidbart
7/25/12
Read Re: Google cannot use the names sci.math, sci.physics etcRe: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Kent Wills
7/24/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Kent Wills
7/24/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
HH
7/24/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Kent Wills
7/25/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
HH
7/25/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Kent Wills
7/26/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Jos Bergervoet
7/26/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Kent Wills
7/26/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
David Bernier
7/26/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
7/26/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Kent Wills
7/26/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Bill Graham
7/26/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
HH
7/31/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Gordon Burditt
7/31/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
HH
8/1/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Bill Graham
8/1/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Gordon Burditt
8/1/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Bill Graham
8/1/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
HH
8/1/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
HH
8/2/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Kent Wills
8/2/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Bill Graham
8/2/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
HH
8/3/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
David Bernier
8/3/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Bill Graham
8/4/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
HH
8/6/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
8/7/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Bill Graham
8/3/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Kent Wills
8/3/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Bill Graham
8/4/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Bill Graham
8/4/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Kent Wills
7/27/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Kent Wills
7/27/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Bill Graham
7/27/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Kent Wills
7/28/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Bill Graham
7/29/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
7/30/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Kent Wills
7/31/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Bill Graham
7/31/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Seth Breidbart
7/31/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
glen herrmannsfeldt
7/31/12
[...]
Pubkeybreaker
7/27/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Seth Breidbart
7/27/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
HH
7/28/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Seth Breidbart
7/29/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
HH
7/27/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
cdarrow@jprude.net
7/29/12
john_morriss@hotmail.com
7/24/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Porky Pig Jr
7/24/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
cdarrow@jprude.net
7/24/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
KBH
7/24/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
J. Antonio Perez M.
7/25/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Archimedes Plutonium: wanker
7/25/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
hagman
7/26/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
richard miller
7/31/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Bacle H
8/4/12
Read Re: Can a law firm sue Google over "New Google Newsgroups"
Dick Adams