Replies: 1   Last Post: Aug 3, 2012 11:02 PM

dennis roberts

Re: [ap-stat] Transition to the AP Statistics Teacher Community Forum

On 8/3/2012 7:26 PM, Chris Olsen wrote:
> I also received a bit of information about how the day-to-day discussions
> will unfold. Individuals can still select to receive postings as they
> come, or a daily digest, or a weekly digest. However, in order to actually
> post to the discussion, one will have to log on to the Forum website, as
> opposed to simply reply to the e-mail with All.

It seems to me that this is a major negative. Right now, I assume, folks
check their email on a regular basis. Messages from APstat would be one
source of entries in that email list. You see something from APstat of
interest ... open it up ... and many times just read it but often you
have some reply that you want/can make and can do it immediately from
that opened email. Now, if I understand Chris, one has to leave the
email ... go to the forum and find that particular post ... open it (in
effect a second time) then reply to it if one wants to ... then go back
to your email work.

This seems quite inefficient. I hope that CB will work REAL fast to
solve this issue since I am fairly sure that this method will reduce,
could be by quite a lot, folks being willing to respond and offer
advice or information ... when there are a few more hoops to go thru to
do so. Seems like this will dampen the spirit of those asking questions
since this will require be a more roundabout way to get assistance with
those questions.

Frequently asked questions(FAQ) http://mrmathman.com/faq
ap-stat resources: http://apstatsmonkey.com
---