Replies: 1   Last Post: Aug 4, 2012 7:38 AM

Doherty, James

Re: [ap-stat] Transition to the AP Statistics Teacher Community Forum

I second Dennis' thoughts. I have my email open all day long and habitually check in on a regular basis. Cannot imagine that it will be as easy for this and the Calculus list in a few weeks. Might save me some time during the day, though?
--

Jim Doherty
Math Department Chair
Wyoming Seminary
Kingston, PA

From: Dennis Roberts <dmr@psu.edu<mailto:dmr@psu.edu>>
To: AP Statistics <ap-stat@lyris.collegeboard.com<mailto:ap-stat@lyris.collegeboard.com>>
Cc: AP Statistics <ap-stat@lyris.collegeboard.com<mailto:ap-stat@lyris.collegeboard.com>>
Subject: Re: [ap-stat] Transition to the AP Statistics Teacher Community Forum

On 8/3/2012 7:26 PM, Chris Olsen wrote:

I also received a bit of information about how the day-to-day discussions
will unfold. Individuals can still select to receive postings as they
come, or a daily digest, or a weekly digest. However, in order to actually
post to the discussion, one will have to log on to the Forum website, as
opposed to simply reply to the e-mail with All.

It seems to me that this is a major negative. Right now, I assume, folks check their email on a regular basis. Messages from APstat would be one source of entries in that email list. You see something from APstat of interest ... open it up ... and many times just read it but often you have some reply that you want/can make and can do it immediately from that opened email. Now, if I understand Chris, one has to leave the email ... go to the forum and find that particular post ... open it (in effect a second time) then reply to it if one wants to ... then go back to your email work.

This seems quite inefficient. I hope that CB will work REAL fast to solve this issue since I am fairly sure that this method will reduce, could be by quite a lot, folks being willing to respond and offer advice or information ... when there are a few more hoops to go thru to do so. Seems like this will dampen the spirit of those asking questions since this will require be a more roundabout way to get assistance with those questions.

Frequently asked questions (FAQ): http://mrmathman.com/faq<http://web.me.com/mrmathman/MrMathMan/FAQ.html>
ap-stat Resources: http://apstatsmonkey.com<http://apstatsmonkey.com/>

Frequently asked questions(FAQ) http://mrmathman.com/faq
ap-stat resources: http://apstatsmonkey.com