Topic: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Replies: 74   Last Post: Aug 9, 2012 6:50 PM

Frederick Williams

Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture

luttgma@gmail.com wrote:

> " I am also almost certain that GC is true, but its validity is not
> proved.
> In order to demonstrate that it is false, one could show that a sum of
> two uneven but not prime numbers cannot be transformed into a sum of
> primes by adding and subtracting some even number to/from its terms.
> This doesn't seem to be possible, as the number of Goldbach's pairs
> increases with the magnitude of the sum (cf. Goldbach Comet), because of an
> underlying law.
> It is highly improbable that such law would cease to have effect from
> some particular number. Mathematical logic could even exclude it."

(1) "the number of Goldbach's pairs increases with the magnitude of the
sum" needs proof.

(2) "It is highly improbable that..." Highly improbable (in this
context, that's not a claim in probability theory, it is just a human
expectation) things happen. Look at Skewes' and Graham's numbers.

(2) "Mathematical logic could even exclude it." Could?

Do you really see no difference between "The (scant) evidence I have
seen suggests to me so-and-so" and "I have proved so-and-so"? This
point has been put to you a number of times, so I suppose the answer is
no, you don't. Bizarre.

--
The animated figures stand
Adorning every public street

Date Subject Author
6/6/12
Read Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/6/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Brian Q. Hutchings
6/6/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
GEIvey
6/7/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Richard Tobin
6/8/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/8/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Count Dracula
6/9/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/9/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Brian Q. Hutchings
6/9/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/25/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
GEIvey
6/9/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Richard Tobin
6/9/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/9/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Richard Tobin
6/9/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Brian Q. Hutchings
6/9/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Brian Q. Hutchings
6/14/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/14/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Horand.Gassmann@googlemail.com
6/16/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/16/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Frederick Williams
6/20/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/20/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Rick Decker
6/21/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/21/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Frederick Williams
6/21/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/21/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Horand.Gassmann@googlemail.com
6/22/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/22/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Horand.Gassmann@googlemail.com
6/22/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/22/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Brian Q. Hutchings
6/22/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Horand.Gassmann@googlemail.com
6/25/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Michael Stemper
6/26/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/26/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Frederick Williams
6/28/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Michael Stemper
7/19/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
7/19/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Timothy Murphy
7/19/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
7/19/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Gus Gassmann
7/20/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
8/1/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Tim Little
8/4/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
8/4/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Frederick Williams
8/6/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
8/6/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
gus gassmann
8/6/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Brian Q. Hutchings
8/9/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Pubkeybreaker
7/19/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
J. Antonio Perez M.
7/20/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/25/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Michael Stemper
6/25/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Thomas Nordhaus
6/16/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Horand.Gassmann@googlemail.com
6/17/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/17/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
quasi
6/18/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Count Dracula
6/18/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
quasi
6/19/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Count Dracula
6/19/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
quasi
6/20/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/22/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Michael Stemper
6/22/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/22/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Robin Chapman
6/22/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Michael Stemper
6/23/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/22/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Richard Tobin
6/22/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Richard Tobin
6/25/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Richard Tobin
6/25/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Michael Stemper
6/14/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Count Dracula
6/21/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Luis A. Rodriguez
6/21/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Brian Q. Hutchings
6/21/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/25/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
GEIvey
6/20/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
J. Antonio Perez M.
6/19/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Madhur
6/19/12