Replies: 1   Last Post: Aug 6, 2012 9:33 AM

HESTRES, SARAH

RE: [ap-stat] Grad School Question

You may want to also check University of Wisconsin-Madison. Their statistics department is separate from their mathematics or psychology departments, they have their own statistics department and I suspect their own graduate degrees as well.

From: Jennifer Kaplan [mailto:jjk2867@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, August 05, 2012 9:18 PM
To: AP Statistics
Cc: AP Statistics
Subject: Re: [ap-stat] Grad School Question

David,

As far as I know, the only official graduate programs in statistics education that exist in the U.S. are those in the department of educational psychology at the University of Minnesota. Most of us who work in the field of statistics education created our own program out of a mathematics, statistics, mathematics education or educational psychology department.

I hope that helps,

Jennifer
On Sun, Aug 5, 2012 at 7:48 PM, David Bee <davidbee2003@att.net<mailto:davidbee2003@att.net>> wrote:
Erick, Jennifer and Others:

As I recall the first PhD in Stat-Ed was granted in the late 1990s.

Does anyone have an idea on about how many MS programs in Stat-Ed
currently exist nationwide?

[However many, sure hope the University of Georgia joins the ranks.]

-- David Bee

PS: Thanks to Dennis R for in link...

Frequently asked questions(FAQ) http://mrmathman.com/faq
ap-stat resources: http://apstatsmonkey.com
---
To unsubscribe click here:

Frequently asked questions (FAQ): http://mrmathman.com/faq<http://web.me.com/mrmathman/MrMathMan/FAQ.html>
ap-stat Resources: http://apstatsmonkey.com<http://apstatsmonkey.com/>

Scanned by Barracuda Appliance as part of the
Appleton Area School District