Replies: 1   Last Post: Aug 6, 2012 2:29 PM

Patricia Humphrey

Re: [ap-stat] another Stat degree question

For more information check beanactuary.org. It details the requirements.
There are five "preliminary" exams. Students usually take one or two of
those (Exam 1 is probability and stats, Exam 2 is math finance) while
either undergrads or graduate students. There are also a few "verified
education experience" requirements in subjects like Economics and Time
Series.

Being an actuary involves lots of statistic, but also lots of finance. A
minor in finance would be recommended.

--Pat

--

Patricia Humphrey, Ph. D.