Topic: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Replies: 74   Last Post: Aug 9, 2012 6:50 PM

Pubkeybreaker

Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture

On Aug 4, 8:44 am, lutt...@gmail.com wrote:
> Le mercredi 1 août 2012 06:35:42 UTC+2, Tim Little a écrit :
>

> > On 2012-07-20, lutt...@gmail.com <lutt...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Indeed, a sum of two uneven integers, where at least one of its
>
> > > terms is not prime, can be transformed into a sum s of primes by
>
> > > adding some even integer n to one of its terms and subtracting the
>
> > > same n from its other term.  Those who disagree could give an
>
> > > example where this method doesn?t apply.
>
> > Quoted for hilarity.  Essentially he's saying, "Goldbach's Conjecture
>
> > is proved because you haven't given me a counterexample".
>
> > --
>
> > Tim
>
> Not exactly, remember what I wrote some time ago:
>
> " I am also almost certain that GC is true, but its validity is not
> proved.
> In order to demonstrate that it is false, one could show that a sum of
> two uneven but not prime numbers cannot be transformed into a sum of
> primes by adding and subtracting some even number to/from its terms.
> This doesn't seem to be possible, as the number of Goldbach's pairs
> increases with the magnitude of the sum (cf. Goldbach Comet), because of an
> underlying law.
> It is highly improbable that such law would cease to have effect from
> some particular number. Mathematical logic could even exclude it."
>
> Marcel Luttgens- Hide quoted text -

A constructive suggestion:

Join the discussion groups at www.mersenneforum.org

You may find a more favorable reception there.

Date Subject Author
6/6/12
Read Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/6/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Brian Q. Hutchings
6/6/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
GEIvey
6/7/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Richard Tobin
6/8/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/8/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Count Dracula
6/9/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/9/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Brian Q. Hutchings
6/9/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/25/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
GEIvey
6/9/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Richard Tobin
6/9/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/9/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Richard Tobin
6/9/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Brian Q. Hutchings
6/9/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Brian Q. Hutchings
6/14/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/14/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Horand.Gassmann@googlemail.com
6/16/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/16/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Frederick Williams
6/20/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/20/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Rick Decker
6/21/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/21/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Frederick Williams
6/21/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/21/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Horand.Gassmann@googlemail.com
6/22/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/22/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Horand.Gassmann@googlemail.com
6/22/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/22/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Brian Q. Hutchings
6/22/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Horand.Gassmann@googlemail.com
6/25/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Michael Stemper
6/26/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/26/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Frederick Williams
6/28/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Michael Stemper
7/19/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
7/19/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Timothy Murphy
7/19/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
7/19/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Gus Gassmann
7/20/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
8/1/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Tim Little
8/4/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
8/4/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Frederick Williams
8/6/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
8/6/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
gus gassmann
8/6/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Brian Q. Hutchings
8/9/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Pubkeybreaker
7/19/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
J. Antonio Perez M.
7/20/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/25/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Michael Stemper
6/25/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Thomas Nordhaus
6/16/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Horand.Gassmann@googlemail.com
6/17/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/17/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
quasi
6/18/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Count Dracula
6/18/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
quasi
6/19/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Count Dracula
6/19/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
quasi
6/20/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/22/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Michael Stemper
6/22/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/22/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Robin Chapman
6/22/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Michael Stemper
6/23/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/22/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Richard Tobin
6/22/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Richard Tobin
6/25/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Richard Tobin
6/25/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Michael Stemper
6/14/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Count Dracula
6/21/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Luis A. Rodriguez
6/21/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Brian Q. Hutchings
6/21/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
mluttgens
6/25/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
GEIvey
6/20/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
J. Antonio Perez M.
6/19/12
Read Re: Vindication of Goldbach's conjecture
Madhur
6/19/12