Topic: commBCHEncoder/commBCHDecoder
Replies: 33   Last Post: Dec 29, 2012 11:18 AM

Ed MrTz

Re: commBCHEncoder/commBCHDecoder

"Bahman " <bahmanazarbad@yahoo.com> wrote in message <k0hsbu$1kd$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> "Fulus " <case28@gmail.com> wrote in message <k0g2j4$ar5$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> > > Hi dear
> > >
> > > is your bbframe a row vector?
> > > because error indicates that it is a column vector,try it inverted (BBframe')

> > Hello,
> >
> > yeah you right, I nverted it and it runs without errors now however, it still isnt function as it suppose to because as I go higher in Eb/No my BER isnt going lower but is actually increasing by a tiny amount. That is the Decoder is still introducing errors.

> Hi dear
> you need to be careful about the noise you are introducing to awgn as well as noise variance you need to set in demodulator

Hi Everyone!

I hope that someone could help me, even.

I had the sames problems with BCH and LDPC Enc/Dec to make it run......but at the end I can solved.

Now, my problem is that when I use (without add a AWGN channel and modulation) encoder and decoder of BCH (in raw)......its returns 0 errors between the original msg and received/decoded msg. But its not so when I use LDPC (in raw) because I get to many errors (original msg - decoded msg).

Do you know why? I attach the code that I use:
H=dvbs2ldpc(1/4);
enc = fec.ldpcenc(H);

dec = fec.ldpcdec(H);
dec.DecisionType = 'Hard decision';
dec.OutputFormat = 'Information part';
dec.NumIterations = 50;

msg = randi([0 1],1,enc.NumInfoBits);
codeword = encode(enc,msg);

decodedmsg = decode(dec, codeword);

% Compare with original message
disp(['Number of bits incorrectly decoded = ' ...
num2str(nnz(decodedmsg-msg))]);

THANXXXX

Date Subject Author
12/18/10