Topic: Enrichment
Replies: 38   Last Post: Aug 24, 2012 1:33 PM

Dave L. Renfro

Re: Enrichment

Robert Hansen wrote (in part):

> I couldn't leave this alone without taking a shot
> at the general quadratic quotient.
>
> (ax^2 + bx + c) / (dx^2 + ex + f)

I haven't looked over this carefully yet, but I did
look over the previous version you did for "Mike's function",
which I thought was really neat. Incidentally, the general
case might need to be separated into subcases, according as
to whether certain expressions that show up in a denominator
are zero. For the expression above, we would assume of course
that neither a nor d is zero, but bd - ac might be zero.
However, these kinds of "finishing touches" shouldn't be
very difficult to incoporate into what you've already done.

Dave L. Renfro