Topic: unable to prove?
Replies: 28   Last Post: Sep 18, 2012 3:54 PM

ma'ayan peres

Re: unable to prove?

On Aug 24, 7:58 pm, TS742 <tim_schm...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Are some hypotheses unprovable?  Or do they all have a proof that is
> just not found yet?  The Riemann hypothesis comes to mind.

We don't know a priori, many times. For example, Cantor Hypothesis has
been proven to be independent of the other axioms in ZFC, in 1963.
About RH nobody knows for sure, so in the meantime people continues to
try.

Tonio