Topic: ------- ------- ------- A Trigonomertic function
Replies: 15   Last Post: Aug 29, 2012 5:19 PM

Mike Terry

Re: ------- ------- ------- A Trigonomertic function

"david" <dlee753@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Consider the following expression for the given conditions.
>
> R = [(sinwD)^2/w + (coswD)^2/w] (1)
>
> w is an integer 5 < w < 41 and R is real > 0 and 0 < D < pi/2
>
> Assertion: 0 < R < 1
>
> Any comment about the correctness of the assertion will be appreciated.
> A numerical example will be very helpful.
>
> What happens when w is very very large compared to 41?

The above is equivalent to R = 1/w, unless I'm misreading something. So the
assertion is correct - in fact 1/41 < R < 1/5.

If w becomes very large, then R = 1/w becomes very small.

Regards,
Mike.