Topic: ------- ------- ------- A Trigonomertic function
Replies: 15   Last Post: Aug 29, 2012 5:19 PM

quasi

Re: ------- ------- ------- A Trigonomertic function

quasi wrote:
>Mike Terry wrote:
>>quasi wrote:
>>
>>Quasi - please do not edit multiple responses and mix up the
>>quoting to make it look like I replied to Pubkeybreaker when
>>I didn't...

>Actually, Pubkeybreaker's second response was out of context
>but was clearly a reply to your reply to the OP, so I tried
>to restore the _relevant_ context even if slightly out of
>order.
>
>I think the _text_ of your response makes it clear that
>you were responding to the OP, not to Pubkeybreaker.
>
>In any case, I don't think I caused any confusion by the
>placement of your response since its content was only
>peripheral to the issue at hand.

But I guess what I could have done if I wanted to include
all the separate replies is _indicate_ that your reply
was in response to the OP. In other words, for the
header, I could have shown it this way:

quasi wrote:
>Pubkeybreaker wrote:
>>Mike Terry wrote [in reply to the OP]:

I think that would have created the right context while
making it completely clear that your response was in reply
to the OP, not to Pubkeybreaker.

The situation where a reply has to be spliced in doesn't
come up much, but in the future, if the situation does
arise, I'll provide a clarifying note to indicate which
post a spliced-in reply is in reference to.

quasi