Topic: ------- ------- ------- A Trigonomertic function
Replies: 15   Last Post: Aug 29, 2012 5:19 PM

Mike Terry

Re: ------- ------- ------- A Trigonomertic function

"quasi" <quasi@null.set> wrote in message
> quasi wrote:
> >Mike Terry wrote:
> >>
> >>Quasi - please do not edit multiple responses and mix up the
> >>quoting to make it look like I replied to Pubkeybreaker when
> >>I didn't...

> >Actually, Pubkeybreaker's second response was out of context
> >but was clearly a reply to your reply to the OP, so I tried
> >to restore the _relevant_ context even if slightly out of
> >order.
> >
> >I think the _text_ of your response makes it clear that
> >you were responding to the OP, not to Pubkeybreaker.
> >
> >In any case, I don't think I caused any confusion by the
> >placement of your response since its content was only
> >peripheral to the issue at hand.

> But I guess what I could have done if I wanted to include
> all the separate replies is _indicate_ that your reply
> was in response to the OP. In other words, for the
> header, I could have shown it this way:
>
> quasi wrote:

> >Pubkeybreaker wrote:
>
> I think that would have created the right context while
> making it completely clear that your response was in reply
> to the OP, not to Pubkeybreaker.
>
> The situation where a reply has to be spliced in doesn't
> come up much, but in the future, if the situation does
> arise, I'll provide a clarifying note to indicate which
> post a spliced-in reply is in reference to.
>
> quasi

Thanks - I agree there was no real confusion, but there should be a good way
of framing your reply - this seems logical?:

Pubkeybreaker wrote [in response]:
> ... (whatever he wrote)

... (whatever else you add)

Anyway, no big deal, upon reflection I guess you're right about what the OP
intended!
Mike.