Topic: Martin Bickman On The Needless War Between Traditionalists And
Progressives

Replies: 30   Last Post: Sep 5, 2012 2:14 PM

Paul A. Tanner III

Re: Martin Bickman On The Needless War Between Traditionalists And Progressives

> On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 10:24 AM, Haim <hpipik@netzero.com> wrote:
> Robert Hansen Posted: Aug 30, 2012 7:31 AM
>

>>This isn't really about teaching physics or math or
>>music or anything, is it Richard? This is about everyone
>>being the same. This is about that "middle ground" that
>>Alan proposes.

> Exactly right.
> One of the unspoken implications of the Education Mafia position is that, by "sameness", they mean everybody should be at the same high level.
> Of course, this is impossible...

If you mean that this "mafia" of yours expects every last person to be
able to perform at such a high level that, for instance, every last
person could get admitted into the most difficult programs at the most
difficult colleges, then yet again we have from you even more just
making things up out of thin air.

If you mean that this "mafia" of yours wants blacks and Hispanics to
perform at as high a level as whites (which one would think everyone
wants except white supremacist racists), then, by your statement "Of
course, this is impossible...", you therefore mean that it is
impossible for blacks and Hispanics to perform at as high a level as
whites, which in turn implies that yet again we have from you even
more racist, white supremacist BS.

Date Subject Author
8/29/12
Read Martin Bickman On The Needless War Between Traditionalists And
Progressives
Richard Hake
8/30/12
Read Re: Martin Bickman On The Needless War Between Traditionalists And Progressives
Clyde Greeno @ MALEI
8/30/12
Read Re: Martin Bickman On The Needless War Between Traditionalists And Progressives
Robert Hansen
8/31/12
Read Re: Martin Bickman On The Needless War Between Traditionalists And Progressives
Clyde Greeno @ MALEI
8/30/12
Read Re: Martin Bickman On The Needless War Between Traditionalists And Progressives
Robert Hansen
8/30/12
Read Re: Martin Bickman On The Needless War Between Traditionalists And Progressives
kirby urner
8/30/12
Read Re: Martin Bickman On The Needless War Between Traditionalists And Progressives
Robert Hansen
9/1/12
[...]
9/2/12
Read Re: Martin Bickman On The Needless War Between Traditionalists And Progressives
Clyde Greeno @ MALEI
9/1/12
Read Re: Martin Bickman On The Needless War Between Traditionalists And Progressives
kirby urner
8/30/12
Read Re: Martin Bickman On The Needless War Between Traditionalists And
Progressives
Haim
8/30/12
Read Re: Martin Bickman On The Needless War Between Traditionalists And Progressives
Paul A. Tanner III
8/31/12
Read Re: Martin Bickman On The Needless War Between Traditionalists And
Progressives
Haim
8/31/12
Read Re: Martin Bickman On The Needless War Between Traditionalists And Progressives
Robert Hansen
9/1/12
Read Re: Martin Bickman On The Needless War Between Traditionalists
And Progressives
Wayne Bishop
8/31/12
[...]
9/4/12
Read Re: Martin Bickman On The Needless War Between Traditionalists And Progressives
Paul A. Tanner III
9/4/12
Read Re: Martin Bickman On The Needless War Between Traditionalists
And Progressives
Wayne Bishop
9/5/12
Read Re: Martin Bickman On The Needless War Between Traditionalists And Progressives
Paul A. Tanner III
9/3/12