Topic: Martin Bickman On The Needless War Between Traditionalists And
Progressives

Replies: 30   Last Post: Sep 5, 2012 2:14 PM

Robert Hansen

From: Florida
Registered: 6/22/09
Re: Martin Bickman On The Needless War Between Traditionalists And Progressives
att1.html (4.9 K)

On Aug 30, 2012, at 8:05 PM, kirby urner <kirby.urner@gmail.com> wrote:

> This sounds like Haim's position. I so far don't understand where it
> comes from. The premise seems to be that the content / substance of
> these various "subjects" is something static, a known quantity, and
> the only variable is whether the teachers and/or the students have
> "the right stuff" or not.

Yes, it is Haim's position, and I agree with it. We are talking through high school, not graduate school, not middle age. I have mentored enough new grads (which would be 20 through 22) to know that this is just the way we humans are. It is called maturity, and in a couple hundred years (if we are lucky) it will be called neuroscience. In AI we call it human time. It is an advantage for machines. Humans are constrained by their own design. Don't be so sad, once we grow up we can and do branch out. Till that time, our learning is the three R's and there isn't any thing any of us can do about it. I have an IQ of 140 and I have seen old ladies that could out teach my ass. It is a craft and it is ancient.

Bob Hansen

Date Subject Author
8/29/12
Read Martin Bickman On The Needless War Between Traditionalists And
Progressives
Richard Hake
8/30/12
Read Re: Martin Bickman On The Needless War Between Traditionalists And Progressives
Clyde Greeno @ MALEI
8/30/12
Read Re: Martin Bickman On The Needless War Between Traditionalists And Progressives
Robert Hansen
8/31/12
Read Re: Martin Bickman On The Needless War Between Traditionalists And Progressives
Clyde Greeno @ MALEI
8/30/12
Read Re: Martin Bickman On The Needless War Between Traditionalists And Progressives
Robert Hansen
8/30/12
Read Re: Martin Bickman On The Needless War Between Traditionalists And Progressives
kirby urner
8/30/12
Read Re: Martin Bickman On The Needless War Between Traditionalists And Progressives
Robert Hansen
9/1/12
[...]
9/2/12
Read Re: Martin Bickman On The Needless War Between Traditionalists And Progressives
Clyde Greeno @ MALEI
9/1/12
Read Re: Martin Bickman On The Needless War Between Traditionalists And Progressives
kirby urner
8/30/12
Read Re: Martin Bickman On The Needless War Between Traditionalists And
Progressives
Haim
8/30/12
Read Re: Martin Bickman On The Needless War Between Traditionalists And Progressives
Paul A. Tanner III
8/31/12
Read Re: Martin Bickman On The Needless War Between Traditionalists And
Progressives
Haim
8/31/12
Read Re: Martin Bickman On The Needless War Between Traditionalists And Progressives
Robert Hansen
9/1/12
Read Re: Martin Bickman On The Needless War Between Traditionalists
And Progressives
Wayne Bishop
8/31/12
[...]
9/4/12
Read Re: Martin Bickman On The Needless War Between Traditionalists And Progressives
Paul A. Tanner III
9/4/12
Read Re: Martin Bickman On The Needless War Between Traditionalists
And Progressives
Wayne Bishop
9/5/12
Read Re: Martin Bickman On The Needless War Between Traditionalists And Progressives
Paul A. Tanner III
9/3/12