Topic: What's the Meaning of "Direct Instruction"?
Replies: 37   Last Post: Sep 9, 2012 4:59 PM

Paul A. Tanner III

Re: What's the Meaning of "Direct Instruction"?

On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 6:36 PM, Robert Hansen <bob@rsccore.com> wrote:
> My position is that the issues currently affecting student performance are
> not addressable by educators. They are extracurricular.

Your position is like the "position" of someone who continues to hold to the "position" that 2 + 2 = 5 even though that falsity has been pointed out again and again.

I reiterate everything I said in my last post to you

in this thread including the yet again given proofs that they are addressable by educators because they are in fact being addressed by educators successfully such that not only are blacks and Hispanics improving their performance even recently, gaps are closing, even recently.

Yes, there are extracurricular issues that need to be addressed for the rate of success to be better.

But so what? That does not in the least imply your claims.

> People are starting
> to see that and connect the havoc to that.

Who are these people who "see" this and think that this "havoc" you have in mind exists? Those brainwashed by the lies of the like of Fox News and right-wing-talk-radio? The white supremacists whose writings you echo? Name names.

And start to try to provide facts that you can actually prove back up your claims, for a change. The facts you point to actually do not imply even a little bit the racist claims you keep promoting:

(1) it's not possible for educators to improve black and Hispanic scores (never mind that they have even since 1990);

(2) that improving black and Hispanic scores somehow hurts whites, and that public schools are trying to improve black and Hispanic scores but not white scores (these claims of yours that they are dumbing down things to get blacks and Hispanics to catch up to whites is I proved again and again even in this thread a racist falsity);

(3) that no gap has narrowed to statistically significant extents since 1990 (I showed in my last post given above that some have).

Date Subject Author
9/4/12
Read What's the Meaning of "Direct Instruction"?
Richard Hake
9/5/12
Read Re: What's the Meaning of "Direct Instruction"?
Haim
9/5/12
Read Re: What's the Meaning of "Direct Instruction"?
Paul A. Tanner III
9/5/12
Read Re: What's the Meaning of "Direct Instruction"?
Robert Hansen
9/5/12
Read Re: What's the Meaning of "Direct Instruction"?
Paul A. Tanner III
9/5/12
Read Re: What's the Meaning of "Direct Instruction"?
Robert Hansen
9/6/12
Read Re: What's the Meaning of "Direct Instruction"?
Paul A. Tanner III
9/6/12
Read Re: What's the Meaning of "Direct Instruction"?
Robert Hansen
9/6/12
Read Re: What's the Meaning of "Direct Instruction"?
Paul A. Tanner III
9/6/12
Read Re: What's the Meaning of "Direct Instruction"?
Robert Hansen
9/7/12
Read Re: What's the Meaning of "Direct Instruction"?
Paul A. Tanner III
9/6/12
Read Re: What's the Meaning of "Direct Instruction"?
Robert Hansen
9/7/12
Read Re: What's the Meaning of "Direct Instruction"?
Paul A. Tanner III
9/7/12
Read Re: What's the Meaning of "Direct Instruction"?
Robert Hansen
9/7/12
Read Re: What's the Meaning of "Direct Instruction"?
Paul A. Tanner III
9/7/12
Read Re: What's the Meaning of "Direct Instruction"?
Wayne Bishop
9/8/12
Read Re: What's the Meaning of "Direct Instruction"?
Paul A. Tanner III
9/8/12
Read Re: What's the Meaning of "Direct Instruction"?
Wayne Bishop
9/9/12
Read Re: What's the Meaning of "Direct Instruction"?
Paul A. Tanner III
9/5/12
Read Re: What's the Meaning of "Direct Instruction"?
Haim
9/6/12
Read Re: What's the Meaning of "Direct Instruction"?
Paul A. Tanner III
9/6/12
Read Re: What's the Meaning of "Direct Instruction"?
GS Chandy
9/6/12