Topic: What's the Meaning of "Direct Instruction"?
Replies: 37   Last Post: Sep 9, 2012 4:59 PM

Paul A. Tanner III

Re: What's the Meaning of "Direct Instruction"?

On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 6:56 PM, Haim <hpipik@netzero.com> wrote:
> Paul A. Tanner, III Posted: Sep 6, 2012 4:50 PM
>

>>What you say here is not the truth. Your talk of "The
>>Gap" including your above is if not explicit then
>>implicit racist talk about race.

> Reducing The Gap is the Prime Directive of the Education Mafia.

This is your made up myth.

It is not I who says so, the Education Mafia say so.

Nonsense.

> The Prime Directive is the central organizing principle for all education policy in the U.S.

Silliness.

> That is why it is the PRIME directive, if you catch my drift. Therefore, to speak of education policy in 21st century America without reference to The Prime Directive is to speak gibberish.

Gibberish.

> You seem to think The Prime Directive is inherently racist.

No. What is racist are your proved false and racist claims about the desire to see the gaps in question reduced (this desire you have admitted in your own words being admirable goal), that it's not possible to improve black and Hispanic academic performance, that improving black and Hispanic scores hurts whites, that public schools are trying to improve black and Hispanic scores but not white scores, and that no gap has narrowed to statistically significant extents.

> In this thread, Richard Hake is flirting dangerously with speaking gibberish.

It is you doing so even more so.

> Although I am certainly willing to be persuaded by the facts

Please. You argue like someone who continues to argue that 2 + 2 = 5, never mind what the facts are. I have given in this post fact after fact and graph after graph proving false every last claim you make, all this data shows statistically significant increases in black and Hispanic performance, that improving black and Hispanic scores do not hurt whites and public schools are trying to improve black and Hispanic scores and white scores and actually doing both, and the gaps have narrowed to statistically significant extents, some even recently. As I proved again and again, there has been so much improvement, on international tests we see that US white students starting recently scoring as good or better than the white students of just about every other country on the planet, US black students starting recently scoring as good or better than the black students of just about every other country on the planet, and US Hispanic students (broadly defined as students of Spanish-speaking culture and ethnic background) starting recently scoring as good or better than the students of Spanish-speaking cultures and ethnic background of just about every other country on the planet.

I reiterate everything I said in my last two posts

in this thread to you.

Date Subject Author
9/4/12
Read What's the Meaning of "Direct Instruction"?
Richard Hake
9/5/12
Read Re: What's the Meaning of "Direct Instruction"?
Haim
9/5/12
Read Re: What's the Meaning of "Direct Instruction"?
Paul A. Tanner III
9/5/12
Read Re: What's the Meaning of "Direct Instruction"?
Robert Hansen
9/5/12
Read Re: What's the Meaning of "Direct Instruction"?
Paul A. Tanner III
9/5/12
Read Re: What's the Meaning of "Direct Instruction"?
Robert Hansen
9/6/12
Read Re: What's the Meaning of "Direct Instruction"?
Paul A. Tanner III
9/6/12
Read Re: What's the Meaning of "Direct Instruction"?
Robert Hansen
9/6/12
Read Re: What's the Meaning of "Direct Instruction"?
Paul A. Tanner III
9/6/12
Read Re: What's the Meaning of "Direct Instruction"?
Robert Hansen
9/7/12
Read Re: What's the Meaning of "Direct Instruction"?
Paul A. Tanner III
9/6/12
Read Re: What's the Meaning of "Direct Instruction"?
Robert Hansen
9/7/12
Read Re: What's the Meaning of "Direct Instruction"?
Paul A. Tanner III
9/7/12
Read Re: What's the Meaning of "Direct Instruction"?
Robert Hansen
9/7/12
Read Re: What's the Meaning of "Direct Instruction"?
Paul A. Tanner III
9/7/12
Read Re: What's the Meaning of "Direct Instruction"?
Wayne Bishop
9/8/12
Read Re: What's the Meaning of "Direct Instruction"?
Paul A. Tanner III
9/8/12
Read Re: What's the Meaning of "Direct Instruction"?
Wayne Bishop
9/9/12
Read Re: What's the Meaning of "Direct Instruction"?
Paul A. Tanner III
9/5/12
Read Re: What's the Meaning of "Direct Instruction"?
Haim
9/6/12
Read Re: What's the Meaning of "Direct Instruction"?
Paul A. Tanner III
9/6/12
Read Re: What's the Meaning of "Direct Instruction"?
GS Chandy
9/6/12