The Math Forum

Replies: 1   Last Post: Sep 7, 2012 7:18 AM

Richard Sisley

Re: [ap-calculus] New Practice Test

I am afraid I do not agree with the sentiment that there should be no discussion of these questions among participants in this group. Over the years I have increased my understanding of "familiar themes" because of thinking stimulated by exchanges among us. I also think that it may be futile to try to keep information about these questions from students. Would we not want them to also deepen their understanding of familiar themes? Why do we need to use the latest released exam as a test to determine grades? Instead, we can write our own questions to test understanding of the new perceptions generated from these questions.

Sincerely,

Richard Sisley
On Sep 6, 2012, at 8:59 PM, Jon Graetz wrote:

> A general note, though -- I did the MC problems today, and there were some very interesting ones. Leave it to the writers to find clever new ways to ask questions on familiar themes.
>
> Jon Graetz

====
Course related websites:
---