Topic: How on Earth?
Replies: 6   Last Post: Sep 12, 2012 3:29 AM

Bob Hanlon

Re: How on Earth?

The appearance can change significantly by just varying the color scheme.

Partition[
DensityPlot[
Sin[129*Abs[(x + I y)^-1]],
{x, -2.5, 2.5}, {y, -2.5, 2.5},
PlotLabel -> #,
PlotPoints -> 18,
Mesh -> False,
Frame -> False,
ColorFunction -> #] & /@
{Hue, "TemperatureMap",
"NeonColors", "GreenPinkTones",
Blend[{Red, Yellow}, #] &,
Blend[{Red, Blue, Yellow}, #] &},
3] // Grid

Or by changing the PlotPoints

Partition[
DensityPlot[
Sin[129*Abs[(x + I y)^-1]],
{x, -2.5, 2.5}, {y, -2.5, 2.5},
PlotLabel -> "PlotPoints -> " <> ToString[#],
PlotPoints -> #,
Mesh -> False,
Frame -> False,
ColorFunction -> Hue] & /@