Topic: Dictionary traces math concepts to Vedas
Replies: 9   Last Post: Sep 11, 2012 8:32 PM

onedharmayoumovement@gmail.com

Re: Dictionary traces math concepts to Vedas

On Tuesday, 4 September 2012 19:43:10 UTC+1, Dr. Jai Maharaj wrote:
> Dictionary traces maths concepts to Vedas
>

> By Jhimli Mukherjee Pandey, TNN
>
> The Times of India
>
> August 30, 2012
>

> Kolkata: For eight years, a few mathematics and Sanskrit
>
> scholars of the Calcutta University have been working on
>
> a mammoth project. They have been trying to establish a
>
> tall claim that at least 5,000 basic and advanced modern
>
> mathematical concepts have their roots in Sanskrit and
>
> most of these have Vedic antecedents.
>

> At the end of this painstaking research, the first kosa
>
> or dictionary of Sanskrit to English mathematical terms
>
> is ready and there are four more to follow. This central
>
> government project is being touted as the first of its
>
> kind in the world as never before have the Indian
>
> etymology of so many modern technical terms been so
>
> radically established.
>

> The project was given to these scholars by the Rashtriya
>
> Sanskrit Sansthan, a wing of the ministry of human
>
> resources development, through the city-based Sanskrit
>
> Sahitya Parishat. The chief investigators of the project
>
> are retired faculty members of Jadavpur and Calcutta
>
> universities, Manabendu Banerjee and Pradip Kumar
>
> Majumdar, respectively.
>

> While the world gives credit to India for invention of
>
> the concept of 'zero', not much else in modern maths is
>
> attributed to this country. "Also, while it is generally
>
> believed that it was the fifth century AD mathematician
>
> Aryabhatta who invented zero, we have been able to
>
> establish in our project that zero or ananta was a
>
> concept as old as the Rig Veda. Similarly, eka or number
>
> one also has roots in this Veda," explained Majumdar.
>

> All branches of mathematics are well represented in the
>
> Vedas, Aranyakas, Brahminical literature, Upanishads,
>
> Panini's Ashtadhyayi and Yaska's Nirukto, the dictionary
>
> explains. It goes on to prove that most solutions that
>
> can be arrived through algebra, geometry and trigonometry
>
> have Sanskrit roots. Thus, what the world knows as
>
> Pythagoras' theorem existed in the Sulbasutras provided
>
> in the manuscripts of Boudhayan, Apostombo, Manaba and
>
> Katyayan. A large number of formulae developed thousands
>
> of years ago, which lead to the same assumption as modern
>
> theorems, have been provided in the dictionary, with
>
> their places of occurrence in Indian punthis.
>

> "Take the case of Euclid's concepts, on which modern
>
> geometry is based. You will find that all of today's
>
> geometric shapes and angles were present in the way the
>
> yajnabedis or the holy sacrificial fires were erected.
>
> Each design had a typical astronomical or cosmic meaning
>
> to it and a specific purpose for which the yajna was to
>
> be conducted," explained Banerjee, who is also the former
>
> vice-president of Asiatic Society. The dictionary is
>
> replete with the designs of these yajnabedis and go on to
>
> explain their modern geometrical equivalents. The
>
> additional benefit is that the ancient custom and belief

> [...]

TIMMY you are a typical WHITE CHRISTIAN TALIBAN. You know your history? Slavery of africa, north america, south america, india, china and australia. The genocide of millions the plunder of billions, the genocide of jews, athiest, gays throughout europe, the genocide of european pagans, the invasion of india the plunder of its dirty wealth rite, lol, these CHRISTIAN TALIBANS need to understand their history, but the Native americans, south americans, the africans, the australians are now ENSLAVED to bow at the feet of european ideology, because their own civilisation culture has been raped and destroyed to the point of Gimmick, cow boys and indians, african people as savages, and the white tarzan from new york city being able to speak to the animals...lol..., the christian taliban have been in operation for 1000years. The dark ages where brought about BY CHRISTIANITY, the denial of science, logic, and truth was seen AGAINST THE WORD OF GOD!...The dark ages ended when european slave traders, INVADED ASIA, took its wealth, knowledge and history. Today these slave owning decendants aka TIMMY, are now worried, scared, ashamed of their past, and the ONLY WAY TO HIDE THAT PAST.......is to make sure the ONLY VICTIM LEFT, WITH ITS OWN CULTURE AND IDEOLOGY IN TACT, INDIA, is about to show up the european civilisations, that THEY ARE AND WHERE AND WILL ALWAYS BE NATIONS OF LOOT AND PLUNDER.