Topic: Matrix inversion - linear algebra - higher accuracy for some matrix
rows ? (Tikhonov regularization???)

Replies: 6   Last Post: Sep 11, 2012 12:49 PM

Matt J

Re: Matrix inversion - linear algebra - higher accuracy for some

someone <newsboost@gmail.com> wrote in message <k2mkjl$nla$1@dont-email.me>...

> Thanks, Matt... Wow, thanks... I didn't even knew you could do that...
> So for instance I make W ones in the top half and maybe 100 in the
> lowest half ?

You would want to put the larger weights on the good equations, not the bad ones.

> The problem is that I cannot just throw away bad rows

Why not? If they contain bad information, of what benefit are they?