Topic: How on Earth?
Replies: 6   Last Post: Sep 12, 2012 3:29 AM

Bob Hanlon

Re: 2 Assumptions for one parameter?

$Assumptions = {
a > 0, Element[a, Reals],
c < 0, Element[c, Reals]};

a::usage = ToString[Select[$Assumptions, ! FreeQ[#, a] &]];

?a

{a > 0, a \[Element] Reals}

However, $Assumptions are not automatically applied.

?$Assumptions

$Assumptions is the default setting for the Assumptions option used in
such functions as Simplify, Refine, and Integrate. >>

Bob Hanlon