Topic: Excessive Equality
Replies: 13   Last Post: Sep 19, 2012 9:02 AM

Paul A. Tanner III

Re: Excessive Equality

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 7:59 AM, Haim <hpipik@netzero.com> wrote:
> For another example, I talk about multiculturalism

Actually, you don't. You talk about an undefined "multiculturalism" that you utterly refuse to define, since if you did try to define what you "talk about", then that attempt would expose the fraud that you are perpetuating.

I in my post

"Re: WG 13 Announcement: CERME 8 [Turkey]"

addressed this undefined "use" of the term and how it results in completely getting it all wrong: I cited (with some links to book reviews and her video lectures) Amy Chua and her definitive analysis of how it is monoculturalism and not the "multiculturalism" of the conservatives that results in negative results for the society.

> How anybody, with a reading level above the 4th grade, can read tolerance into that bloody history

And so we see some of the utterly wrong-headed analysis by Haim against multiculturalism: He blames"multiculturalism" for the violence when it is monoculturalism that is the root of the violence, where all this violence is always committed by monoculturalists, not multiculturalists. As I said in my post above:

"This garbage conservatives spew about the so-called evil of multiculturalism is nothing but excuse-making for the violence of monoculturalists. This nonsense by conservatives against multiculturalism says that these monoculturalists committing this violence have the excuse that says, "That evil multiculturalism made me do it!"

Don't conservatives preach individual responsibility?

So much for that."

> remains one of the great mysteries of the 20th century.

No, the mystery is why you refuse to address the perfectly severe problems with your "analysis" of multiculturalism.

> Finally, this brings me to the topic of this thread, "Excessive Equality". As with corruption, I have been writing on this topic for most of this millenium, but I submitted a memo to the forum because of a paper that was publish mere weeks ago in a major think tank, the American Enterprise Institute
> http://www.aei.org/papers/education/k-12/solving-americas-mathematics-education-problem/

This is a major tank only in the minds of conservative ideologues promoting the same old myths hatched in the conservative mind to try to prove true the claims of conservatism.

I again reiterate everything I said in my post in this thread

including most especially the proofs that the US public school system is doing some things so well that very few countries in the world if any can match or exceed them.